General Manager – Plant Vacancy In A Renowned FMCG Company
Adexen Recruitment Agency has been mandated by one of the largest independent manufacturer and distributor of well-known and widely consumed brands to recruit an expatriate for the position below:
Job Title: General Manager – Plant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment: Type Full time
Desired Skills and Experience
- Sales and Marketing Management skills
- Manufacturing operations management skills
- Financial training and awareness skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong planning skills
- Good analytical abilities
- Organizational abilities
- Strong general management skills
- Degree in either Business Studies or Technical discipline.
- A MBA would be an advantage.
- 10 years in either a large company or conglomerate, preferably in a FMCG industry.
- Latterly in a senior management position.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong character with demonstrated marketing/selling, financial and technical or manufacturing experience in senior management grades.
- Ensure that management systems are constantly reviewed to see that cash from sales are properly paid into the Company’s cashiers and that controls over cash and stocks at depots are regularly monitored.
- To make sure that the MIS of reporting sales is maintained.
- Prepare Performance Appraisal reports for those first line personnel who report direct.
- Produce an Area Annual Sales and Marketing Plan in line with Corporate Objectives.
- Ensure professional Sales Outlet, Route and Area management skills are maintained in order to meet Sales Volume Forecasts and Target.
- Proactively monitor distribution centers to ensure efficient and adequate supply of finished goods and optimum deployment of transportation to facilitate distribution to customers.
- Ensure that all Advertising, Promotional and other Marketing programmes are implemented in accordance with the plan.
- Produce an Annual Manufacturing Plan and Policy guidelines for the Area to drive the performance of key result areas of production activities and continually monitor the implementation.
- To make sure that adequate Plant Performance Tracking Systems include key performance indicators as agreed and highlighted in the Revenue Budget.
- Optimally make sure that manufacturing units improve on the standard efficiencies in terms of Machine efficiencies, material yields, labour and overhead costs versus budget.
- To ensure that quality standards are maintained at all times and do not suffer in the quest for cost optimization.
- To make sure that the cost-effective management of vehicle service and repairs is consistent with budgeted levels of costs for each category of unit.
- That inventory levels and the mix of stocks of parts held in the area stores is consistent with everyday requirements to maintain vehicle availability, but not overstocked.
- Adequate guidelines on preventive and corrective maintenance programmes are in operation.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting returns on a period basis including performance to budget, cost factor/indications by vehicle, cases carried, cost per case etc.
- Produce an Area Annual Fleet Maintenance Plan to include Revenue Operating Costs, Preventive Maintenance Programmes and key cost control and cost reduction strategies.
- Make sure that the Area Transport Chief Engineer gives maximum ‘Availability’ of the total Area Fleet of Trailers, Sales Vehicles and Fork lift Trucks is consistently in line with Budgeted Ratios.
- Plan and make sure that the implementation of Preventive Engineering Maintenance
- Schedules perform at efficient levels, in line with budgeted costs.
- Monitor the condition of technical and plant equipment, initiate where necessary the replacement of production machinery and ensure the availability of the correct spare parts.
- Whenever feasible review the production process and implement improvements.
- Effectively manage the spare parts inventory, maintain the stock levels indicated, held in Area stores and make sure the mix of stock values reflects ongoing demand.
Quality Assurance (Technical Services):
- That the implementation of Quality Control and assurance policies and programmes are in line with established standards and specifications.
- To ensure that the Quality Control personnel are adequately supported in establishing and adhering to the latest quality standards and specifications.
- Monitor materials usage at individual plants to make sure that any wastage and losses are minimal and not in excess of standards set.
- Follow up with the Technical Services Manager on adherence to Industrial Safety and hygiene regulations as laid down by management and external regulatory bodies.
- Inspect sites regularly and ensure among others good housekeeping and sanitation practices and maintenance of the highest standard in operating procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.