Head, Marketing & Communications Job Vacancy at HealthPlus Limited
HealthPlus Limited, Nigeria’s first integrative pharmacy, is the fastest-growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. We are committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality, while delivering superior value to stakeholders. Our vision is to be Africa’s #1 for pharmacy, wellness and beauty. Recently, we secured significant foreign investment from our partners to scale up our network of retail outlets and our online business. This strategy will give us unparalleled reach across the country and beyond.
Our success is based on our great people, great values and a winning corporate culture. Our people are passionate, driven and committed to continuous learning in order to maintain our edge. Our testimonial is that we are proud to be members of the HealthPlus family as we are offered a strong platform to explore our potentials. We believe in best practices always and therefore employ and retain the best talents.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Marketing & Communications
Reference No: HP/MC/HMC
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Reports to: The Chief Commercial Officer
- We are seeking a Head, Marketing & Communication who will be responsible for defining the strategic direction for the Marketing & Communication function which aligns with the overall strategic goals of the HealthPlus Group
- The Head, Marketing & Communication reports directly to the CCO.
- Administration, Advertising, Communications, Editing, Management, Marketing, Media, Senior Management, Strategic Communication, Supervisor
- Advertising, FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods Sector), Food & Beverages, Manufacturing,Marketing, Media, Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene, Procurement & Purchasing, Public Relations / Communications / Journalism / Media & Promotions, Retail, Wholesale
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Group’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Provide strong, effective and highly visible leadership to the Marketing and Communications team in order to capitalize on the full potential of this most critical resource. Ensure that all employees are stimulated, motivated and guided to contribute fully to the realization of the Group’s mission, vision, goals and objectives. Empower employees to identify innovative approaches to enhance organizational performance.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an annual, strategic, special events calendar that ensures that efforts and resources are utilized in a manner that provides the greatest return to the organization.
- Ensure all events are planned to capture the attention of the intended audience and the media. Manages the production of each event ensuring all appropriate sponsorships are achieved and all details are managed in a creative, timely and cost efficient manner.
- Provide ongoing media training to the marketing and communications team. Ensures marketing and communications team have the skills and confidence to deliver appropriate messages during meetings with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee all marketing and communications activities of the organization: branding & advertising, internal & external communications, product marketing, market research, corporate social responsibility, public relations etc.
- Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer to develop and revise effective marketing & communication strategies for the business.
- Understand market trends and customer values in order to extract insights from best practices
- Assist in developing the department’s strategic plan, which addresses critical issues in the marketing and communications area. The plan will set out objectives for each strategic area of the department and outlines plans for achieving those objectives
- Work closely with other heads of departments on various company projects.
- Contribute to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed.
- Grow market share by developing marketing and communication plans and programs for the business.
- Provide short- and long-term market forecasts and reports through occasional market research.
- Engage media agencies for different marketing activities where necessary.
- Responsible for preparing, implementing and managing organization’s annual marketing budget.
- Manage all aspects of the Group’s marketing (traditional and digital) and communications plan.
- Develop and maintain a strong and productive relationship with both print and electronic media. Ensure the organization is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that informs and educate them on the organization.
- Articulate and lead a transformational vision for the use of digital technologies to drive engagement and interaction with our online and physical customers.
- Introduce an internal communications strategy to effectively disseminate information within the marketing and communications teams and the organisation as a whole.
- Represent the organisation at events and build relationships with key external stakeholders
- Lead crisis communications preparedness and issues management; developing organization wide structures and messaging
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field with 10 years minimum experience in a structured organisation,
- 4 years of which must be in a managerial capacity
- Membership of a recognised professional body is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Planning, Analytical & organisational Skill
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High standard of attention to detail
- Experience in Retail, Pharma or the FMCGs industry will be an added advantage
- Creative, innovative and able to think outside the box
- Social media savvy
- Graphic design skills is an advantage
- Leadership & managerial skills
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- A good working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite like Word, Outlook, and Excel
Deadline: 30th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online