Job for Head, Internal Control & Audit at Crossover Microfinance Bank
Crossover Microfinance Bank Limited was first incorporated under the name Pacific Savings and Loans Ltd in 1992. With a new focus and team in 2010 the bank was later rebranded Crossover Savings and Loans Ltd aka Crossover Mortgage Bankers. With the ever growing financial need in the retail sector and with new investors, Crossover remodeled its operations from mortgage to microfinance in 2014 to empower micro and small scale businesses in the retail sector. It commenced full scale microfinance operations in March 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Control & Audit
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- To design and supervise the implementation of an effective internal control and audit framework for the bank.
- To investigate all cases of non-compliance or infractions of internal policies, procedures and external regulatory standards as well as make recommendations to management as applicable.
- A good Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Accountancy, plus professional Accounting certification. MBA or MSC will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in a reputable firm, Experience in a microfinance bank setting in related role is an added advantage.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office programmes
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge of best practices in internal control and audit
- Knowledge of existing regulatory framework
- Strategic thinking
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flair for details
- Team building skills
- Design, revise or update appropriate internal control, audit & compliance strategy and framework for the bank.
- Plan and control audit activities in line with the overall business goals and objectives within the country
- Identify control lapses/policy inadequacies through investigations for process improvement
- Design audit work plan for the year and coordinate audit activities across regions
- Oversee activities of regional audit teams for maximum effectiveness
- Carry out spot checks on operational activities at branch, area and regional levels and take action on infractions or non-compliance issues
- Receive and review all monthly regional audit and control reports and identify issues for necessary action.
- Carry out periodic stocks and staff audit in all branches.
- Carry out periodic price verification and certification and certificate of payment vouchers
- Conduct periodic checks on payroll.
- Ensure the periodic reconciliation of transactions are carried out.
- Ensure that prompt investigation of frauds, forgeries, breach of policies and procedures and serious customer complaints are conducted and ensure necessary action is taken on the outcome
- Work with Finance department and external auditors to ensure successful conduct of a comprehensive audit exercise
- Make recommendation for policy amendments based on emerging issues in audit and internal control
- Appraises subordinates promptly and objectively, and follows up on action points resulting from the appraisal
- Takes responsibility for the training, coaching and mentoring of subordinates
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned by the Managing Director or by the Board
Deadline: 22nd February, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV and Application Letters to: email@example.com