VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria’s informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
VFD Group was founded by highly skilled professionals with diverse experiences, qualifications and professional backgrounds, who identified the gap between individuals and small businesses and their banking experiences and set out to bridge the divide. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Marketing and Corporate Communication
Employment Type: Full Time
- The role will be responsible for providing oversight on all activities aimed at promoting the Organisation’s corporate image, managing the Organisation’s interface with the media, other corporate entities and the public/society at large and ensuring that internal and external communication activities are in line with corporate communications policies and procedures as well as national/ international media standards.
Brand Strategy and Marketing:
- Development and execution of comprehensive Brand Strategy and marketing plan for group and subsidiaries; internal and external.
- Champion the articulation of the brand strategy of the VFD Group and its subsidiaries, in-line with overall organisational objective.
Growth and Leadership:
- Work with Human Resources to ensure effective staff development, identifying leadership qualities and clear succession plans.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the department’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff.
Media and Stakeholder Management:
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices and make recommendations to Senior Management on how they impact the department’s role.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders; regulators, shareholders, directors, etc.
Key Performance Indicators
- Non – Financial Target (Core)
- Effectiveness of quarterly creative strategy and programs
- 10% growth of followers on social media channels monthly
- Quality of social media chatter
- Relevance and accuracy of online information put out by the various entities
- 5% monthly increase of client base
- Increase in Brand Visibility and reputation
- Quality of quarterly press release and other activities
- Market response to products
- Market share growth
- Accuracy and timeliness of management information and reports
Brand Management and Strategy:
- Champion the articulation of tactics to continuously sustain/ improve the organization’s brand and market positioning.
- Serve as the custodian of the corporate brand image ensuring consistent projection of the VFD Group and its affiliates’ brand across all spheres of the business.
- Oversee the development and production of high quality, cost effective and competitive branding activities for the VFD Group and its affiliate companies.
- Facilitate and champion campaigns to exploit market opportunities that reflect and align with various brand and values.
- Ensure all internal and external communications are consistent with the various company’s brand positioning.
- Oversee the implementation of approved Corporate Social Responsibility and community development strategy and initiatives.
- Champion the introduction of new products/ services to identified target market segment.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy for the group’s products/services.
- Interpret data gathered and translate into profitable marketing strategies.
Growth and Leadership:
- Champion the institutionalization of the various brands across all spheres including organizational culture, work ethics, etc.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Oversee and coordinate the day to day activities of the department and ensure alignment with the overall goals and objectives of the department.
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions of the department in line with approved authority limit.
- Liaise with the sales team to develop promotional activities for new and existing products/services.
- Champion product performance assessment initiatives and recommend solutions for product improvement.
- Liaise with the sales teams and other relevant parties to determine customer needs and translate research activities into appropriate products/ services for customers.
Media and Stakeholder Management:
- Coordinate and ensure development and implementation of effective media/public relations and crisis management systems and processes.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s nationwide and international media relations strategy, including handling of media queries, interviews and press conferences.
- Manage the overall media relations program (pre and post crisis or not) for the company and serve as a first line interface between the company and key stakeholders in local and international print, electronic and social media.
- Aggressively pursue positive media coverage for all entities and develop effective strategies to manage/mitigate negative coverage.
- Supervise the planning, organizing and convening of corporate and social events (e.g. press conferences, media briefings etc.) for all entities.
- Provide strategic advice to the business to ensure all operation and practices reflect positively on the company’s brand.
- Coordinate the preparation and compilation of agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of Senior Management.
- Qualification: Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related fields.
- Minimum Experience: 8-10 years relevant experience.
- Experience in communication and brand management.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Strategic and planning skills
- Good understanding of product development and marketing
- Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking
- Experience in management of complex, multi-stakeholder projects and achieving goals on time and to budget.
- Service and goal oriented.
- Innovative and proactive personality.
- Good problem, analysis and solving skills
- Good understanding of key graphic editing applications
- Team Work
- Detail Orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Time and organization management
Deadline: Monday; 25th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant position applied for as heading.