CM Hospital, a faith-based hospital that was founded in 1993, is licensed as a specialist hospital offering obstetrics/gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, ultrasound scan, medical supplies, consultancy and other general medical services which are found in our attached, long-term health care facility. CM is fully-accredited by National Health Insurance Scheme(NHIS) and offers a quality medical staff base.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Job Purpose / Objective
- To diagnose, treat and help prevent diseases and injuries that commonly occur in the general population and provide advice to Company staff and other eligible customers in the area of General/Family medicine in order to ensure the health of staff and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide prompt in-patient and out-patient care including diagnosis and treatment for various diseases and injuries in General Practice in order to secure the health of staff, dependants and other eligible customers
- Plan, implement or administer health programs and illness prevention activities to ensure that stakeholders adopt healthy lifestyle and prevent disease.
- Develop policies/guidelines and management protocols for the promotion of best practice in primary healthcare in Company
- Support HSE activities in the department so as to embed a preventive culture among staff
- Participate in operative Obstetric and Gynecologic and general surgery procedures when indicated in order to ensure quick return to health by all beneficiaries.
- Coordinate regular health management audits in liaison with the quality management team so as to maintain standard of healthcare
- Ensure the proper monitoring and reporting of health performance indices for review and for learning.
- Participate in prompt emergency medical response in order to render care and prevent disease and injury.
- Undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations
- Organising workloads
- Performing surgical procedures
- Providing general pre- and post-operative care
- Monitoring and administering medication
- Assessing and planning treatment requirements
- Liaising daily with staff including other doctors, non-medical management staff and healthcare professionals
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Promoting health education
Key Performance Indicators
- % of Post – op patients with surgical complications
- No of audits carried out versus plan
- No of Performance Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) generated on time
- Response time to Medical Emergencies
- % Customer Satisfaction Rate
- No of awareness programmes versus Plan
- No of HSE Walkabout done versus plan
- % compliance with legislative requirements
- MBBS with a Postgraduate fellowship in Family Medicine/Specialist General Medical Practice (FWACP, FNCP, FRCGP or equivalent) registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Minimum 2 years since MBBS with at least 2 years in the field of Family Medicine or Specialist General Practice.
- Medical Ethics
- Problem Solving
- Service Planning
- Client Education
- Clinical Medicine
- Medical Protocols Advanced Communication skills.
- Emergency Medical Care
- Advanced Life Support.
- Medical Legal Issues
- Clinical Diagnostic Skills.
Functionally reports to:
- Chief Medical Director (CMD)
- Administratively reports to:
- Hospital Administrator/Manager (HAM)
- Nurses and cleaning staff.
- Staff and Dependants.
- Hospital Staff.
- Eligible Contractors.
- Nigerian Medical and Dental Council
- Ministry of Health Enugu
- Ministry of Environment Enugu
- Enugu State Internal Revenue Service
- Enugu State Waste Management Authority(ESWAMA)
- Any other government agency or regulator
- Hours of duty shall be in compliance with medical operations within the hospital. This will include shift duties, call-duties, weekend coverage and public holidays.
- Workdays are defined as follows: Every day of the week (Monday through Sunday including Public Holidays).
Interested and qualified candidates should send only their CV and Cover Letters to “The Hiring Manager, CM Hospital” via: email@example.com
Job Title: Medical Lab Scientist
Roles and Responsibilities
- Good knowledge of laboratory equipment
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development (CPD).
- Perform all tasks, duties and tests related to laboratory services
- Process specimens utilizing protocols and technical knowledge
- Perform quality control, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting protocols to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, procedures, etc
- Validate and report results of tests performed
- Able to meet Turnaround time and in conformance with applicable confidentiality requirements
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory practice.
- Attend all trainings as required by the hospital, relevant national policies and Laboratory Practice license requirements
- Research and develop new procedures as required.
- Min required experience: At least 2 years post NYSC working experience
- Min qualification: Bachelor’s Degree/HND
- Must have post NYSC working experience.
- Must be registered with practicing license.
- Knowledge in the handling of laboratory equipment.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge in use of Standard Operating Procedures in the field.
- BMLS /AMLSCN certificate will be an added advantage.
Skills and Qualities:
- Aptitude for biology and chemistry.
- Patience, decisiveness and meticulousness.
- A desire to contribute to patient care and treatment.
- A responsible and mature approach to their work.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Accuracy, with good attention to detail.
- A systematic approach to tasks and the ability to follow instructions and set procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as supervise the work of more junior staff in the laboratory.
Interested and qualified candidates should send only their CV and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title as the email subject.
Application Deadline 28th February, 2019.