Latest Job Vacancies at Deloitte, 12th February, 2019
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive/Registrar
Reference Number: CE001
- Provide leadership and direction for the Organisation’s Secretariat and coordinate all its activities in accordance with its enabling Act, rules and regulations as well as strategic plan.
- The job holder will assume full responsibility for implementing decisions of the Organisation’s Governing Body as well as the day to day management of the affairs of its secretariat
Core Responsibilities and Key Result Areas
Strategy Development, Planning & Reporting:
- Ensures that all financial and non financial reporting requirements are met on a timely and regular basis;
- Provides secretarial services to Organisation’s Governing body and its Committees and ensures that proceedings at meetings of the governing body and its committees are correctly recorded and subsequently followed up necessary.
- Leads advocacy for organisation among all stakeholders which include organisation members, international professional accountancy organizations, international development partners (donors), national governments, regional economic groupings and any other stakeholders who have interest in development of the accountancy profession;
- Takes a proactive role in the formulation of strategic objectives and bringing them to the governing body for input, discussion and approval;
- Ensures that strong strategic and annual planning processes are in place to produce effective plans for approval by the governing body;
- Develops and maintains effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders including government, donors, professional members and other partners;
- Develops a wide range of relationships and networks with the local, national and international professional organisations to position organisation as a well known and credible organisation throughout Africa region and beyond.
- Communicates the vision and mission objectives of the organisation to the management and staff;
- Ensures full optimisation of Organisation Faculties to promote the professional development of members;
- Prepares and presents regular feedback and report to the governing body and other stakeholders;
- Organises all governing body meetings and providing required information to guide deliberations;
- Makes presentations on organisation activities and/or specific projects at relevant seminars and conferences.
- Provides secretarial support to the governing body and maintains accurate and current registers
- Ensures that the day-to-day operations of organisation are effectively and efficiently coordinated, implemented and conducted within the framework agreed to by the organisation;
- Implements stringent project management processes to ensure timely and cost effective development of the key projects undertaken by the organisation;
- Assists professional accountancy organizations in West Africa to respond to statement of members’ obligations (SMOs) and prepare follow-up action plans as may be necessary;
- Familiarises with World Bank Reports on Standards and Codes (ROSC), Policy Recommendations and assists professional accountancy organizations in West Africa to respond to ROSC findings and develop Action Plans to implement policy recommendations;
Human Resources and Leadership:
- Provides effective leadership, promotes and fosters a team culture consistent with organisation’s values;
- Ensures appropriate staffing of key positions in the Secretariat, and establishes appropriate remuneration levels and performance of staff within the framework agreed to by the governing body.
- Builds and ensures the entrenchment of an appropriate corporate culture that aligns with the organisation’s values anchored on excellence, integrity and professionalism, and a high performance culture through effective performance management, communication and coaching of staff.
- Demonstrable passion and enthusiasm for Organisation’s vision, and motivates, leads, and empowers others to achieve the Organisation’s goals.
- Must possess skills to inspire and lead others towards high levels of performance.
- Demonstrable intellectual and professional leadership style that supports attainment of respect and credibility throughout the Organisation
- Ability to formulate strategies and policies and craft new approaches in changing situations as may be appropriate.
- Ability to take a broad based view of issues and events and have an understanding of their longer term impact or wider implications.
- Ability to translate strategies into strategic and operational activities
- Ability to understand issues and make systematic and rational judgments based on the relevant information, Strategy Formulation
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationship with key stakeholders.
- Work in close cooperation with the Governing Body
- Ability to work with regional and global institutions such as ABWA, ECOWAS, PAFA and regional development banks and the World Bank.
- Ability to influence or persuade others to gain acceptance or agreement of ideas and approaches.
Problem Solving and Analysis:
- Ability to analyse complex policy issues, draw reasonably accurate conclusions and articulate clear and focused policy to wide, diverse and sometimes incompatible audiences.
- Liaises with IFAC staff, Governing body and Committees as may be appropriate
- Politically astute and able to read situations aptly and exhibit sound judgment
- Sound knowledge of, and ability to navigate, a complex regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of the issues surrounding the accountancy profession gained from experience working with accounting firms and professional accountancy organizations
- Must have global, as opposed to national perspective of issues i.e. knowledge of, and sensitivity to various cultures and cultural issues.
- He or she must also understand the challenges of meeting demands of multiple international constituencies that may have conflicting priorities,
- Ability to assimilate complex issues and use appropriate communication strategies to influence wide and diverse audiences.
- Ability to actively listen, seek information and ask questions to ensure the understanding of underlying concerns of others
- Understanding of Regulatory, Government and Industry Processes
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in, local and national government processes as well as professional promotion, registration, examination and regulatory processes.
- Experience in working with Governing body, providing professional, accurate and strategic advice
- Ability to implement and deliver on Governing body’s decisions and policies.
- Good understanding of the interface between the role of the Governing body and Management
Experience & Qualifications
- Post graduate qualifications (MBA) and other relevant professional qualification will be added advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years senior management experience in a similar industry
- Experience with a global accounting or financial organization.
- A good University Degree
- Minimum of Fellow, ACA
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th February, 2019.
Job Title: Data Analyst State Facilitator
Reference Number: DUN044
Location: Borno State
Role reports to: The Senior Data Analyst
Contract Duration: 4 Months
- The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator who will take on responsibilities as a State Facilitator for the UNICEF U-Report Platform in Maiduguri LGA, Borno State. This platform was dedicated solely in supporting UNICEF’s emergency response.
- The U-Report was created mainly to acquire real time data including reports and complaints from affected citizens. A data analyst is needed to ensure data integrity on the U-Report platform.
- The U-Report State Facilitator will assist the implementation of the UNICEF U-Report platform with particular focus on Data Analytics in the respective State.
- The facilitator will specifically support the UNICEF Field Office in the attainment of State level results planned under various projects funded by various donors (EU, DFID, etc.) for the specified state.
- To gather data and provide inputs to government partners for ongoing support during emergencies.
- Make recommendations on systems management to improve data integrity based on the pre-identified challenges.
- Label all queries from U-Reporters in appropriate folder for easy access on the U-Partners page.
- Analyze common unsolicited responses to establish baseline trends for monitoring of future attitudinal change.
- Manually remove irrelevant data from polls using the U-report online interface.
- Create registration tracker and share infographics and reports on registration.
- Analyze poll results and share reports of weekly polls with sections and partners.
- Create weekly polls on RapidPro.
- University Degree in Mathematics, Communications or Business Administration.
- Language proficiency in English and Hausa/Kanuri
- At least 3 years professional work experience in research and data analytics.
- Experience using online dashboards for data analysis.
- Advance level experience of using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience using the RapidPro software and U-Report is an asset.
- Strong writing and communication skills and the aptitude to handle advanced data intergrity tests.
- Fluency in written and verbal English is essential. Fluency in a local dialect (Hausa or Kanuri) is desired.
- Use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. social media handles and managing social media campaigns
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th February, 2019.