Latest Vacancy in a Shipping & Logistics Company, 8th Feb., 2019
Workforce Group – Our client in the Shipping & Logistics industry is currently headhunting for a suitable candidate to fill this role below:
Job Title: Business Development & Marketing Manager
- The Business Development Manager will be responsible for to developing strategies to create awareness for company’s services as well as win business to increase sales revenue.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify partnerships and opportunities targeted at developing sales lead
- Pitch company’s services to new clients and maintain good working relationship with old and new contacts.
- Follow up on new business opportunities and set up meetings
- Regularly visit assigned existing accounts validating our service levels and develop new revenue streams
- Responding to customer needs: exploring specific needs, anticipating new opportunities, developing client-specific interphases for continuity and managing sales process from opportunity identification to winning business.
- Maintain a current and accurate knowledge of competitor products, services, rates or pricing strategies, clientele and market share.
- Keep abreast of competitor’s activity, evaluating key competitor’s strength and weakness and recommending any necessary tactical action monthly
- Develop and maintains profitable relationship with all customers and with all stakeholders and promptly resolving all customer-service problems
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly time-phased reports on achievement and activities for management information and generate progress report on sales and business volume targets from the sales data and trends.
- Develop strategies and budgetary requirement forecasts to grow sales and profit targets for existing and new clients.
- Develop field sales action plans for improved sales performance, identifying marketing opportunities, market requirements, and build customer database based on company’s client’s market niche.
- Manage key accounts to meet/exceed targets relating to revenue growth activities, profit margin, sales, customer retention and customer acquisition, generates key account performance report weekly.
Ideal candidate must have:
- Good business sense
- A deep understanding of marketing principles
- Within his years of experience achieved obvious results in sales and business development with evidence of continuous growth.
- Good communications skills and must be able to speak with a diverse range of prospective clients- varying in size, industry and business model.
- Candidate must have graduated with not less than a 2:2 in Business Development/ Marketing or any other related discipline
- Candidate must have at least Seven (7) years’ relevant experience, three (3) of which must be spent within the Shipping & Logistics Industry.
- A good knowledge of Freight forwarding will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Biz Development Mgr.” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 26th February, 2019.