Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Jobs for a Health Promotion Supervisor
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Promotion Supervisor – Risk Assessment, Zamfara Lead Poisoning Exposure
Job Type: Indefinite Period
Duty Station: MSF OCA, Anka Office
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Under the supervision of the HP IEC Activities Manager, conduct and supervise day to day health promotion activities in the lead poisoning program with focus on exposure risk assessment and mitigation within households in cohort villages
- Assist the HP IEC Activities Manager on the implementation of the established project Health promotion strategy
Risk Assessment Task and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and conduct lead exposure risk assessment for high risk lead patients per patient follow-up protocols
- Train and coach all health educators under your supervision on exposure risk assessment best practices
- Liaise with the environmental team on environmental assessment, characterization and remediation of identified sources of exposure within the cohort villages
- Supervise and support health educators on how to set lead exposure control plan jointly with the caregivers and facilitate its implementation
- Ensure that Health educators and community helpers and the patients caregivers follow the established exposure control plan
- Communicate lead poisoning hazard and prevention strategies with caregivers, community helpers and health educators
- Monitor and follow-up on reduction of exposure risk factors identified during risk assessment
- Document and catalogue activities and outcomes of risk assessment and risk mitigation to ensure proper tracking
- Assist the Health promotion and IEC activities manager in developing and updating standards operating procedures on risk assessment for lead exposure whenever required
- Adhere to strict MSF principles of neutrality and impartiality in all dealings with the communities.
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction and identifying needs, evaluation, Holiday plans, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility
Counseling Task and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, support the provision of individual or group counseling sessions to high risk patients (lead proxy children) at house hold whenever required and support them to be able to identify actions needed to minimize the risks
- Ensure that all high-risk patients (lead proxy children) under go for counseling before initiation of the chelation therapy
- Submit weekly, Monthly and any required report to your supervisor.
- Provide emotional support to the caregivers of high-risk Lead patients whenever required
- Supervise, Coach and provide counseling trainings to health educators and community helpers whenever required with support from the HP activities manager
- Ensure daily debriefing with all health educators involve on high risk patients counseling
- Inform the Health Promotion Manager about any difficult or complicated case toward counseling
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 10th March, 2019.