Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Our client, a Marine security vessel and Logistics Company executing projects for major IOC’s in Nigeria with strong presence in Lagos and Port Harcourt. With over two decade global experience, our client has its headquarters in Lagos State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Port Captain
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- To ensure that the company SMS is carried out on board in accordance to the ISM and ISPS code
- To provide technical solutions to present engineering challenges on the vessels, keeping in mind on its conformity
- Onshore monitoring and tracking of vessels in ship survey status, compliance to Flag State and Port State Control
- Work in collaboration with Port Engineer, Port Safety Officer and Shore Based Technical Manager to maintain sufficient and up to date critical spares (including LSA/FFA) stock at warehouse in relation to the logistical lead time for procurement and delivery as well as ensure that critical spares do not impede on vessel performance
- Ensure that any deficiencies that arise to be immediately rectifies and reported accordingly.
- Provide accurate capability assessment report and conduct sea trial at Shipyards for new builds in a foreign country.
- Responsible for all vessel certificates to be current and up to date as necessary
- Ensure that all operational information is forwarded to the vessel and adhered to
- Ensure that manuals and spare lists shall be kept both onboard and ashore
- Provide training for master and chief mates in operational areas and requirements prior to their undergoing a practical and theoretical competency check
- Ensure all vessel trading certificates is up to date and compliant to Flag state and Port State Control
- Provide competency assessment of all deck officers as per SMS procedures
- Attend and coordinate with clients on the daily progress report of vessels in field operation
- To provide operational support to Deck Officers and monitor Deck officers competency in Navigational requirements.
- Ensure that every crew onboard is working in accordance to Company safety procedures and job description
- Coordinate on the arrival of all vessels at the port with regards to vessel provision and spares operation
- Follow up with crew personnel in cooperation with the crew department so as to ensure that they are meeting with the Safety and Environmental Standards required by any specific party (MLC, Flag State, Class Society, Owners, Clients, OIM, etc.)
- Participate in and issue written reports/statements of inspections, investigation and similar activities when required
- Perform all necessary activities to enhance efficient and safe operation of the vessel.
- Minimum: Degree in Nautical Science/Marine related degrees with minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in marine operations.
- Minimum 4 years experience as a Master on the type of vessel assigned.
- Preferably with COC Class 1 (ocean going/ unlimited /motor)
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Traveling will be required locally and internationally
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of Nigeria marine environment and maritime laws.
- Positive, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism and PWF representation
- Demonstrates follow-through on all vessel maintenance issues
- Team player with administration and crew
- Excellent decision making skills
- Excellent communicator, clear and direct
- Ability to set and meet goals and deadlines
Salary and Benefits
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online