Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Gender Based Violence Officer
Locations: Dikwa/Monguno/Pulka/Ngala/Kukawa/Damboa/Damasak and any other project locations -Borno
Slot: 6 Openings
Reporting to: GBV Program Coordinator
- The Senior GBV Officer will be responsible for the timely and quality delivery of field level activities with technical support from the GBV Program Coordinator.
- She/he will manage the field team, ensure the smooth running of program activities including weekly and monthly planning, monitoring, movement, reporting and management of field activities with support from the GBV Program coordinator.
- The sole responsibility of field level coordination with other actors is within the mandate of this post holder to ensure NCA GBV program and NCA itself is visible at all levels in the field, while consulting supervisor for critical issues. Importantly, ensuring survivor centered approach is mandatory in implementation and supporting survivors and other vulnerable groups and adhered to they receive prompt and comprehensive services as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Qualification
- At least 3 years or more proven experience in similar function desirable.
- Experience in GBVIMS and case management
- Minimum Degree in Psychology, Social Sciences, Public Health, Humanitarian Work, Nursing required.
- Flexible and willing to work and stay in rural communities especially field based
- Attended trainings on GBV and is aware of protection issues.
- Well experienced in working on empowering women and girls.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri plus any other local languages in northeast Nigeria an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, including relevant staff working for the NCA.
Time Management Skills:
- Computer literate especially micro soft work, excel database and power point. Knowledge of other software an advantage desired.
Good Report Writing Skills:
- Ability to coordinate and work with other partners and stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to take initiative not only in identifying problems but also in suggesting and implementing solutions.
- Willingness to stay and work in remote areas as required.
- Oversee field level GBV programming in assigned location/s as direct focal point.
- Develop monthly activity and movement planning and share with supervisor for review and approval
- Manage GBV teams at field locations including direct management of GBV officers and indirectly manages case workers, outreach workers, volunteers, safe space personnel and other program staff as may be requested
- Ensure survivor centered approach of programming and ensure follow-up to staff including follow up on referrals and action plans, and support services provided to GBV survivors, ensuring that the survivors receive the minimum package as needed.
- Work closely with the GBV program Coordinator and other team members to Initiate planning for longer-term GBV prevention and response activities
- Lead field level coordination and representation of GBV/protection at based locations, including referral pathway and standard operating procedures development/adaptation, joint response and engagement of beneficiaries as needed.
- Develop timely activity budget for various teams and send to supervisor for approval
- Work closely with support departments for effective and timely programming hence, follow-up on necessary logistics, finance, security, HR, Admin processes.
- Lead GBV safety audits and other rapid assessments in based locations/as required the by GBV program coordinator and submit reports.
- Attend capacity building training and mentoring sessions for self-development and to enhance program quality and staff engagement
- Provide capacity building trainings for field staff as necessary and as discussed with supervisor
- Monitor daily program implementations, supervision, and monitoring on activities and provide feedback to supervisor as necessary.
- Ensure GBV response and prevention activities are strictly following and adhering to guidelines and organizational principles and strategy.
- Contribute to proposal development ideas with input based on feedback from beneficiaries, assessment, and other necessary information relevant for action.
- Track activity expenditure on monthly basis and submit to GBV program Coordinator.
- Submit monthly, status and other reports as requested by GBV program Coordinator.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Deadline: 15th February, 2019 by 16:00.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: Recruitment-Ng@nca.no Or email@example.com Please include Three Referees in your applications, of which one must be a recent Supervisor from your former organisation/institution.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
- This is women only position.
- Please note that the select candidate is required to start as soon as possible.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and positions may be filled before closing date.