Technical Product Specialist Job at Paystack Nigeria
Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Within a little over 2 years, our close-knit team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay with only a bank account, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process well over $10 million in transactions monthly, and our double digit growth has us processing even more every month.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Product Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
About the Technical Product Specialist Role
- As a Technical Product Specialist, no two days are the same. One moment you’ll be providing technical support to a tiny startup, the next moment, you’ll be advising some of Africa’s largest businesses about how to harness the power of the Paystack product suite to accelerate their revenue, and the moment after that, you might be in a brainstorm session with one of Paystack’s four product teams as they plan for the next sprint.
- You’ll work with every team at Paystack, and serve as an important link between departments to ensure that all parts of the company are working in sync to provide the best possible experience for merchants and their customers. You’ll have visibility into what’s happening across the entire company, so you’ll need to be a sharp, articulate problem-solver capable of the significant responsibilities entrusted to you.
- And you’ll do all this while working closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- This is a full-time role is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria and you’ll report to the Head of Growth.
- We’re looking for developer-entrepreneurs and technical business owners to join the Growth team at Paystack as Technical Product Specialists.
- Every day, hundreds of developers log into Paystack. Whether they’re building a mobile app, finishing a new WordPress plugin, or looking to add digital payments to a massive enterprise solution, they all share a common goal – using Paystack’s API to solve business problems.
- Developers are one of the most important groups in Paystack’s community of partners, and as the Technical Product Specialist, you’ll own our developer relations and give Paystack developers the superpowers they need to build amazing products.
- We’re looking for a new teammate who loves both code and commerce. You enjoy listening closely to business owners to understand their needs, and then working with software engineers to meet ambitious goals with Paystack’s powerful product suite.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Act as a developer advocate and community organizer for our developer community. This will include representing Paystack at developer events, organizing trainings, and more
- Partner with the Sales team to provide technical insight during discussions with prospects
- Manage end to end integration guidance for technical teams of various skill levels – from beginner coders to enterprise development teams
- Pair with Product Specialists to act as the the relationship management team for Paystack’s most critical partner relationships, including Key Merchants. You’ll serve as a technical consultative strategist, helping key accounts understand how to use Paystack’s powerful product suite to meet their business goals.
- Respond to inbound technical support requests from both Key Accounts and general customer base via our support channels, including email, Slack, phone, Skype and walk-ins
- Update the Paystack Developer Documentation to ensure that the information remains accurate as the product (and company policy) evolves
- Work with the media and marketing team to create customer education content in the form of blog posts, webinars, podcasts, and more
- Provide data for the relationship management and sales teams
- Join one of Paystack’s four product teams to provide insight and context as products are being scoped and developed. You’ll serve as a strong advocate for the customer and provide the merchant perspective as product strategy is discussed
- Scope, build, and maintain custom applications for internal use or for partners
- Develop and maintain plugins that allow merchants to integrate with Paystack in seconds, and also manage relationships with third party plugin developers to ensure their plugins are always up to date
What it takes to succeed at this role:
- You’re a positive, naturally optimistic team player who values learning and personal development
- You’re able to remain patient and calm under even the most high-pressure situations, such as when dealing with difficult customers
- You have strong interest in developer advocacy and community engagement, and you derive a lot of joy from teaching and sharing knowledge. You love being an amplifier and a catalyst for other people
- You have a decent understanding of technical concepts such as data structure, REST API, cookies, SQL queries, and recursion
- You can communicate simply and clearly in speech and in writing with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You enjoy learning about new business models and genuinely enjoy discussing the operational aspects of a project. You have strong empathy for business owners
- You’re a product thinker, and are constantly looking out for the ways in which companies in different industries use technology to solve problems
While this is not a requirement, it would be a plus if you:
- Have experience with native iOS and Android development
- Have experience developing extensions for Magento and Magento 2.
- Have experience building or maintaining plugins and libraries
- Have previously worked at fast-growing internet startups
- Have experience working with payments systems in Africa
- Have previous experience in customer-facing roles
- Are a current or former business owner yourself.
- Competitive salary
- Housing assistance
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- To apply, click the “Apply for this job” button when the above links opens
- Complete all the required questions
- After you submit this application form, you’ll receive an email with a link to an online aptitude test.
- Please complete the aptitude test as soon as possible. Your application will not be considered complete until the aptitude test is submitted.
Application Deadline 10th February, 2019.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org