Trade Finance Analyst Job Vacancy in an Investment Banking Outfit
Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Our client is a prominent Investment Banking outfit in Africa. Its headquarters is in Lagos, Nigeria. We are mandated by our client to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Trade Finance Analyst
Division: Project & Structured Trade Finance
Reports to: Team Lead, Structured Trade Finance/M&A
- Reporting directly to the Team Lead, Structured Trade Finance/M&A, the job holder will work primarily on Trade/Structured Finance transactions.
- The job holder will also be involved in transactions originating from other desks within Investment Banking, such as Capital Markets and Financial Advisory.
- First degree or its equivalent from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Minimum of three (3) – five (5) years cognate experience in trade finance
- Appropriate post-graduate or professional qualifications such as an MBA, CFA, MSC in Finance, ACCA or ACA would be beneficial
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and execute key supply chain finance solutions such as invoice/receivables discounting, securitized/collateralized debt and syndicated loans.
- Provide financial advisory services to identified clients using our trade finance and structured finance products.
- Review of credit applications and documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Analyse credit requests, financial statements and properties/assets to determine viability of the credit, feasibility, risk of granting such credit and computation of repayment schedules.
- Perform client due-diligence as well as fundamental financial, business analysis and valuation of companies.
- Prepare credit assessment/deal memorandum for credit committee approval.
- Monitor performance of facilities.
- Maintenance of Insurance database.
- Manage day-to-day information flow with clients and third-parties in a transaction execution setting.
- Research and prospect trade finance targets within specified sectors.
- Stay current on legislations governing Trade Finance within the Client’s jurisdiction
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound knowledge of trade finance products, techniques and commodity markets.
- Strong competence in availing credit facilities
- Strong communication and business writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and in teams
- Can-do drive and spirit
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work in a team interfacing with top company executives and senior management
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Analytical and attentive to detail
- Process management abilities
- Enthusiastic, Positive and hardworking attitude
- Exceptional computer modelling/Excel spreadsheet / Powerpoint/ Word skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online