Alan & Grant – Our client, a premiere producer of Fresh Dairy products in Jos, is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Locations: Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Lagos, Osun, and Ekiti
- Responsible for overseeing all the activities related to sales in a specified area within the country with an aim to meet and exceed sales targets set by the company for the specified region, while ensuring excellent customer service at all times.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma
- Other higher/ relevant qualification(s) will be an advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ work experience from an FMCG Industry
- Atleast 2 years of experience of managing a sales team
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Good communication skill
- Good forecasting and planning skill is highly required
- Proficiency in the use of MS Outlook and Office suite of products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Good ethical standard and high level of integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Regional Sales Manager on a regular basis to coordinate all the sales activities in the specified area.
- Assist the Regional sales Manager in the preparation of sales plans, forecasts and budgets for the specified area.
- Supervise and execute the general sales of the company’s products across the specified area.
- Direct and control the activities of the Sales Managers/Executive to ensure execution of plans and objective realization.
- Ensure the consistent achievement of targets set by the company for the specified area while delivering excellent customer service.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making regular visits in order to explore specific needs and anticipate new opportunities.
- Develop new business and expand customer base by building relationships with existing buyers and establishing contacts with prospective customers.
- Recommend the appointment of suitable Distributors and Sales Representatives.
- Ensure proper and accurate compilation of sales & stock records as well as prompt forwarding to the Regional Sales Manager on a weekly basis.
- Prepare stock requisitions from customers and ensure prompt and accurate execution of all orders.
- Ensure the efficient issuance of invoices to customers for all delivered stocks/orders.
- Verify and ensure the payments made by customers in the company’s designated bank accounts, in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare and submit a comprehensive monthly report to the Regional Sales Manager, which includes competitor activity, accurate price audits, and the state of the company’s and competitors’ promotions & campaigns across the region.
- Monitor the activities of the Sales Managers/Executives to ensure that the company’s products are effectively distributed & visibly displayed at retail outlets in the region.
- Support, train and manage the Sales Team in the specified area towards improving their performance, in line with good organizational practice.
- Approve the itineraries of the Sales Managers/Executives, and subsequently check travel expense statements and recommend their payment.
- Ensure adherence to sales policies and procedures, while maintaining maximum confidentiality, and recommend disciplinary action wherever necessary.
- Monitor all types of promotions and advertisements running in the specified region.
- Assist in increasing the general awareness and promoting the sales of products across the specified region.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Sales Manager.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online