The Eye foundation hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist Eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
- Preparation of customers invoices.
- Provide appropriate accounting information on any customer accounts/ledger and balances whenever needed.
- Preparation of fixed assets schedule.
- Assist various departments in detailing or resolving any accounting issues or queries.
- Analyze and perform foreign currency transaction reporting, and provide foreign exchange related data.
- Assist in preparation of tax schedules and filing activities.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with trial balance and revenue accounts with cash lodgment, receipt raise/issued and credit sales.
- Prepare schedule of provision for doubtful debts.
- Review financial reports to identify and explain variances.
- Follow documentation retention policy to maintain accounting files.
- Prepare cash flow statements and resolve outstanding balancing issues.
- Ensure that the accounting department adheres to the standard accounting principles and procedures of the company.
- Issuance of receipt for payment made by customers
- Tracing of direct lodgment into the bank accounts and reconciliation with invoices and receipts raised.
- Raising of cheques for payment and daily banking operations.
- Preparation of payment vouchers in a manner that ensures that transaction classifications are in appropriate heads
- Daily postings of all payment vouchers
- Maintain general ledger accounts for all assets, liabilities, income and expenses
- Prepare journal entries for accruals, prepayments, depreciation, amortizations, errors and variances.
- Perform accounting analysis for cash accruals, account payables, account receivables, reconciliations and foreign exchange.
- Perform the end of the month account closing activities.
- Provide details and commentaries for all balances on trial balance with analysis of variances and movement in balances.
- Adhere to standard accounting principles and company procedures.
- Prepare a Step-by-Step listing of your work process; Please note that this is a critical function without which you will not qualify for any form of leave;
- Any other ad hoc duties as prescribed by the CFO or Head of Finance to assist in achieving Finance & Accounts Department and overall organizational objectives.
- At least 3 years as an Account Officer with good knowledge of Account Payable, receivable and Inventory.
- Must be ICAN qualified or in the professional stage.
- Minimum of B.Sc Accounting or Economics is required.
Deadline: 21st February, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (with Cover letter and CV attached) to: email@example.com