Vacancy for Consultant at Breakthrough Action-Nigeria, 18th Feb., 2019
Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviours and five provider targeted behaviours in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Provider Behavior Change/Fever Case Management Consultant
Location: Lafia, Nasarawa
Reports to: Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change
- The Provider Behaviour Change Consultant will work with the Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change and serve as the technical point person for state level implementation of the behavioural economics intervention in malaria case management among healthcare providers in Nasarawa State.
- Work closely with the State Ministry of Health and the State Malaria Elimination Program to support user and feasibility testing of fever case management intervention designs to drive provider adherence to National Guidelines on Diagnosis and Treatment of Malaria and Malaria in Pregnancy
- Submit monthly and quarterly activity reports.
- Develop activity budgets and travel plans and work closely with Abuja and field staff to ensure sound stewardship of project funds.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change and the Project Director, BA Nigeria Project.
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with service delivery partners, government partners in the state to support fever case management intervention for providers
- With the support of the Senior Program Officer, Provider Behaviour Change, drive the implementation of fever case management intervention in the state
- Support collection and management of data on outcomes of the user and feasibility testing activities in collaboration with the state M&E Officer.
- Degree in Medicine (MBBS, MBChB) preferred.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (Development Studies, Public Health, etc.)
- Experience in any of the health-related areas, with at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with service delivery, provider behaviour change, and/or social and behavior change activities.
- Programme management highly desirable, with demonstrated track record in planning and coordinating programs in consultation with government and other partners
- Strong writing, reporting, facilitation and presentation skills
- Competency in training and institutional capacity-building
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID requirements preferred
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
Deadline: 1st March, 2019; 5:00pm
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Letter of Application and CV as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the mail should be: PBCFCM Consultant – Nasarawa.
Note: Applicants must state how they fit the selection criteria in their application letter. Only shortlisted candidates based in Abuja will be contacted.