Nigerdock, a member of Jagal Energy, is the leading indigenous Nigerian Energy services company with diverse but related capabilities in complex Oil and Gas project delivery during both the greenfield and brownfield stages of an asset lifecycle.
The range of services offered include full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), or stand alone engineering, procurement management, onshore and offshore fabrication, brown field modifications, fabric maintenance, asset maintenance management, ship building and repair, marine services, logistics and the associated base support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
- Provide support to other departments to maximise amounts invoiced to clients and to efficiently collect payments;
- Provide financial information to support commercial activities within the business and other departments as required;
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the monthly management accounts;
- Prepare monthly variance reports for all reporting entities and provide explanations to variances;
- Prepare a quarterly forecast for the full year in the format of the monthly management accounts;
- Provide useful insights into business performance and recommend improvement activities.
- Oversee full financial accounting systems and processes e.g. accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll function;
- Prepare Intercompany reconciliation and statements
- Ensure compliance for statutory deductions and payments;
- Manage tax reporting and audits;
- Ensure insurance coverage is in place at all times to meet statutory and company requirements;
- Plan and manage the annual external accounts audit to produce draft financial statements within 10 weeks of the year end;
- Oversee the preparation of quality and timely financial statements and reports in line with IFRS standards
- Provide ad-hoc support to the GM Finance as required (i.e. special projects)
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts;
- Review key assumptions for reasonableness; analyse and quantify key risks and judgements used in the financial figures reported.
- Develop financial reporting in the ERP system to meet company requirements;
- Other duties as required
- Culturally aware and adept at operating in a multi-cultural environment
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar role or within a Finance team.
- Wide experience of working with ERP/Accounting software
- Experience of large projects and EPIC would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and present ideas and reasoned arguments clearly and concisely to various audiences
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example
- Advance MS Excel financial planning and modelling skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Solid team player with high energy and go get attitude to deliver results
- High degree of resilience.
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points
- University Graduate or equivalent
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply