Poise and Etiquette – Our Transportation and Logistics client, a leader in its industry is seeking an experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intercity Logistics Manager
What you will be doing:
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Directing all transportation activities.
- Developing transportation relationships.
- Monitoring transport costs.
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
- Dealing with the effects of congestion.
- Confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring an organization’s carbon footprint.
- Minimum of a B.Sc in related field
- Tact, diplomacy and calmness, especially when dealing with tired drivers and disgruntled customers.
- An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in similar capacity in a transportation logistics company.
- Ability to appraise and familiar with modern IT packages, software’s and electronic communication methods; can express problems to the IT team.
- Experience coordinating Bike delivery riders.
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls
Deadline: 6th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the email.