Vacancy for Senior Accountant at WACOT Limited, 14th Feb., 2019
WACOT Limited is a part of TGI Group. Our business includes but are not limited to rice milling, soya milling, production of fertilizer and other agro-chemicals, sesame hulling which are exported to Asia and Europe, trade in grains such as maize, sorghum and groundnuts. We currently support the production of soya, rice, sesame, cotton, and maize as part of our out-growers initiative. WACOT has several MOU’s in place to aid its contribution to the fastest growing Nigerian sector- agriculture.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Reporting Line: Financial Controller
The Senior Accountant will take charge of:
- Supervising the daily accounting activities required to accurately maintain the company’s general ledger and other financial records and schedules.
- Coordinating with outside locations.
- Generating quarterly and annual financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow) monthly.
- Cost accounting including BOM analysis, management and variance analysis.
- Assisting in with budget and forecast preparation schedule provide relevant analyses and feedback to enable finalization of the budget and forecast proposals and all related reports including profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Managing and maintaining the financial accounting system, and all accounting processes including daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash collection, GL, bank and inventory reconciliation.
- Supervising, directing and reviewing the work of team members. Establishing working procedures and process for accounting personnel.
- Managing monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Evaluating & implementing internal and external audit recommendations & provides feedback to management on results.
Qualification and Experience
- Chartered Accountant with at least 5 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s in Business, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or a related discipline with a minimum of second class upper
- Hands on experience using ERP preferably SAP, Advanced Excel user
- Previous experience in a Multinational Manufacturing Organisation is desired
Skills and Competencies to create the difference:
- Data Analysis
- Effective Communication:
- Relationship building
- Creativity and initiative
- Business acumen
- Tech savvy
- Supervision and management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online