Zola Electric is the world’s first massively scalable off-grid electric company. It exists to provide affordable and reliable energy to communities that currently lack such power. The company utilizes distributed renewable energy to sell power as a service to customers who suffer from an expensive grid, an unreliable grid, or have no electrical grid access at all. We provide 24/7 clean energy to anyone, anywhere. Our aim is to deliver a complete technical, operational and financial model that makes incredibly high quality renewable electrical services affordable to millions of homes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Global Cloud-Ops
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria, to support our growth strategy in Africa, changing the lives of millions with our innovative products.
- This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enabling Zola Electric to change the renewable energy landscape.
- You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved markets (billions of people around the world) with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it.
- You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
You will act as the domain-expert on the five core IT technologies (services) provided by Group IT: Contact Center platforms, networking, end user devices, identity management and cloud integrations. Responsible for the design and implementation of new services, maintenance and daily operations. Group IT is part of the Digital Platforms department of ZOLA Electric:
- Support Country Organizations with domain expertise on core IT tech.
- Process Tier2 and Tier3 tickets and coordinate vendor support
- Contribute to the implementation of improvements
- Design and implement processes and tools to maintain a secure IT environment that operates in compliance with corporate policy and local legislation
- Maintain a secure ‘patch-level’ and configuration of software and systems
- Monitor system events and the configuration of the environment, perform audits, action outcomes and make report
- Establish and maintain documentation for services in scope
- Ensure availability and performance of services; monitor, optimize and report in close cooperation with vendors and other functions within Digital Platforms
- Keep software on end user devices up to date
- Coordinate and execute all changes around the services in scope
- Advise the organization on the optimal use of the services
- Support Country Organizations with monitoring and compliance
- Lead and execute IT projects of services in scope
- Provide domain support with the roll-out and sourcing of new applications, services and hardware
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related field
- Expert knowledge of network protocols (IP, WiFi, ethernet) and associated components (firewalls, routers, etcetera)
- Expert of IT hardware and associated user computing environments (Android, MS Windows 10, macOS)
- Expert on device management, application packaging and endpoint security
- Solid understanding of contact center and voice/video/telephony technology
- Foundational knowledge of software engineering and systems architecture
- Basic API programming: Python, Java
- Basic BI and data skills to produce reports based on small data sets
- Discrete, able to handle confidential information
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar work environment and/or position
- Certified Network CCNA, CMNO or comparable
- ISSEP certified or comparable
- Experience managing contact center infrastructure and systems (Genesys)
- Ability to build and maintain API integrations
- IT service management, understanding of ITIL and Lean/IT concepts, terms and processes
- Expert on IT security concepts, audit and standards
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure and produce technical documentation
- The ability to work well in a distributed and international team
- Analytical, excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Customer focused, understands customers and takes a proactive approach to meeting their needs in an effective and timely manner
- Identifies opportunities to optimize cost and improve customer service and satisfaction
- Fluent in English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online