Wash State Supervisor Job Vacancy at Deloitte, 13th February, 2019
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Wash State Supervisor
Reference Number: DUN046
Reports to: The UNICEF WASH Specialist.
Contract duration: 11 Months.
- The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator who will take on responsibilities as a LGA Facilitator for the UNICEF WASH Programme in Abuja.
- The WASH State Supervisor will assist the implementation of the UNICEF WASH programme with particular focus on WASH in the respective State.
- The facilitator will specifically support the UNICEF Field Office WASH Staff in the attainment of State level results planned under various projects funded by various donors (EU, DFID, etc.) for the specified state.
- Proven experience in village level operation and maintenance including handpump installation, operation and maintenance.
- Experience in community management models and handpump spare parts supply chains.
- Good communications and writing skills in English; Excellent presentation skills, both in terms of written and oral communication; ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; Passion and commitment to UNICEF missions and professional values.
- Willingness to travel to rural and semi-urban areas of the country.
- University Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering: Water Supply and Sanitation, Hydrology/Geology and Public Health.
- Proficient in English.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in programme planning, implementation and monitoring in water and sanitation sector.
- Explore the supply chain options to support the VLOM concept.
- Any other relevant assignment that the supervisor may give to help achieve the planned WASH results in each of the project states.
- Support the operationalization of the National Strategy for the implementation of Village Level Operation and Maintenance (VLOM) of rural water supplies.
- Support finalization of the community management models and document success stories on the piloting.
- Support capacity building of state, LGA and community level actors in operationalizing the VLOM.
- Supervise the implementation of VLOM and document evidence-based achievements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th February, 2019.