Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviours and five provider targeted behaviours in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Religious Leaders Design Workshop Facilitator
Locations: Kano, Lagos
- BA/N in collaboration with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy control Programme is piloting the Social Behavioural change interventions targeted on improving TB health seeking behavior in Kano and Lagos States.
- To achieve the goal of TB detection in religious settings BA/N is looking for qualified consultants to facilitate the co-design workshop for religious leaders with aim of enlisting them as TB advocates.
- They would thereafter, incorporate the TB messages in their regular religious activities.
- The consultants will equally support the monitoring of some sessions of the religious activities and document best practices on religious approach to increasing TB case finding. The consultancy period will be for 10 billable days within the 2nd of April and 30th of April 2019 (Please note that dates are tentative).
Location of Support:
- Ajeromi and Badagry LGA (Lagos); and Dala and Tarauni LGA (Kano)
- An estimated ten (10) days between 2nd -12th April 2019.
- A Degree in Medical Sciences, Public Health or Social Health programs and Tuberculosis.
- Proven experience working with interfaith and religious leaders
- Proven experience in implementing public health program or projects in piloting States.
- Experience in building capacity at the community/ward level
- Good knowledge of Nigerian public health sector and working with Religious Organizations.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired.
- A proving ability to work as part of a team and to be self managing.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Ability and willingness to work within the LGA’s in Kano and Lagos States.
The details of these responsibilities are covered in the TOR as follows:
- Support planning for the co-design workshop
- Facilitate a 2- day co-design workshop for religious leaders in the assigned LGAs.
- Build the capacity of religious leaders to incorporate and deliver key messages on TB during their religious obligations in the assigned LGAs.
- Ensure that participants demonstrate sufficient knowledge, skills and competence necessary to present TB message to their audiences.
Documentation/Tracking of best practices:
- Provide a technical report of training activities conducted across the 4 LGAs including best practices and lessons learnt
- Document success stories from co-design workshop and submit to BA-N office
- The Deputy Director malaria and TB and the Senior Program officer II -TB from BA-N HQ will provide technical guidance and support during the consultancy.
- Pre-training and Post training analysis of perception of religious leaders on TB
- Weekly updates
- Workshop report from the LGA’s of training including photos and success stories
- All reports and updates shall be in the English language and shall be submitted to the Senior Program officer II -TB in MS Word and other MS Office-compatible formats.
- Deliverable Schedule
- The consultant shall submit the deliverables described above as detailed in the schedule below:
Activities TA Days:
- Co-Design workshop in Badagry: 4 days
- Co-Design Workshop in Kano: 4 days
- Report writing: 2 days
- Total 10 days of paid consultancy
Deadline: Tuesday, 26th March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application and CV in a word or PDF format to: email@example.com Indicate the position in the title/subject of the email application. Example: ‘Religious Leaders Design Workshop Facilitator Lagos’.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates that do not comply with application instruction will be disqualified.