We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Executive, Modern Trade
Location: Alagbado Lagos
Status: Full Time
Level: Senior Staff
Reports To: Modern Trade Manager
- The Sales Executive (Modern Trade) is responsible for executing specific measures and actions in the Modern Trade Business category to achieve the planned volume for the year through robust sales and distribution system.
- He/she should achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products to new and existing clients in different outlets.
Customer Business Development:
- Executes the in-store objectives of the Sales Business Plans flawlessly in order to achieve superior in-store presence and target sales volume.
- Builds & maintains strong customer relationships by conducting daily field visits to facilitate collaboration and the achievement of desired business result and joint work.
- Researches customer strategies, identifies their shoppers’ needs and spots business opportunities continuously in order to devise the right plans for the customer.
- Ensures sufficient outlet coverage based on business needs and in line with assigned journey plan in order to achieve and maintain the desired in-store fundamental results.
- Market Intelligence & Reports
- Communicates internally any event taken by customer/competitors, which can have an impact on the business in order to take required action.
- Submits all required daily, monthly & quarterly reports assigned by the unit Manager.
- Receivables Collection
- Secures that receivable collection is within the agreed payment terms in order to sustain company’s cash flow levels.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Escalate customer’s problems and complaint to sales administrators/management
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Marketing/Management and/or related field.
- Possess about 2-4 years’ Modern Trade channel experience in the FMCG distribution sector especially in the management of Hyper Supermarkets. We will not consider candidates without experience in the Modern Trade/Hyper supermarkets channel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great Communication and Influencing Skills
- Strong Analytical Thinking
- Great Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is an added advantage.
- Strong Organizational and Planning Skills.
- Age: Between 25-31 years old.
- Demonstrate high level of self-management
- Be computer literate
- Be able to drive and possess valid drivers’ license
- Have experience in handling departmental stores, mall, plaza and Supermarket is very crucial
- Possess high level of initiative and emotional intelligence.
Job Location and Working Hours:
- The position is located at Alagbado Lagos, Nigeria.
- Working time is normally between 7:30am-5pm Mondays to Fridays and 8:30am-3pm on Saturdays.
Deadline: 30th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com The subject of the mail should be “Sales Executive – Modern Trade”.