Current Jobs at JBC Shipping Group, 29th March, 2019
JBC Shipping Group is a prime integrated logistics and finance service provider focused on the booming Nigerian industries and other various multinationals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- To ensure adequate supervision of trucks, this position requires that candidate be available to work round the clock.
- Recruit, train and assess drivers and their qualifications as per experience.
- Coordinate with drivers, staff and management to hold meetings and resolve issues.
- Maintain costs and profits within the budget.
- Manage records of personnel, expenditures and driving regulations.
- Assess trucks and drivers, manage maintenance and update on maintenance and proper checks of all truck parts including but not limited to batteries, truck heads, tyres, brakes etc.
- Arrange for onsite periodical inspections of trucks in use.
- Coordinate with drivers to Ensure timely pickup and delivery.
- Address driver communications and provide required call time to drivers.
- Aid in cost cutting by organizing timely offloading of loaded containers and dropping of empties
- Address problems promptly.
- Supervise loading of cargo on trucks and also scout for jobs.
- Must have up to 5-8 years of experience in similar role.
- Technical and mechanical skills required and must be able to liaise with mechanics in the event of trucks break down
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proximity to Apapa is a must.
Job Title: Trailer Driver
- Complete a daily truck log and submit reports of mileage covered at EOD.
- Observe and report equipment or mechanical failures immediately.
- Manage routes and routines so they proceed in the most efficient way possible
- Find ways to conserve resources, including fuel, to benefit the business.
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with clients and the public.
- Conduct daily inspections of the vehicle at the end of the shift and report any problems or damage to supervisor or management.
- Comply with all in-house regulations and rules.
Qualifications and skills
- Knowledge of mechanical workings of trucks/trailers.
- Must be well experienced with 5 years plus of commercial driving experience.
- Ability to drive an articulated trailer with 18 tyres.
- Valid Driving licence.
- Must not be less than 35 years.
- No accidents in last 5 years
- Candidates should have trailer driving experience
Job Title: Operations Manager (Clearing and Forwarding)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, control and supervise the activities of the Clearing and Forwarding operations staff
- Monitor payments of debit notes (shipping and terminal)
- Deal with customs queries where the clearing staff cannot resolve same.
- Report daily activities
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in the clearing process.
- Agree on costs and disbursements to carry out clearing.
- Dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes, such as livestock, food and medical supplies
- Arranging courier and specialist hand-carry services
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey, including the production of management reports and statistical and unit-cost analysis
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc./HND in Business Administration or Shipping Management
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role within a large organization, 5 years of which should be at Senior Management level.
- Proficiency in computer use and multimedia applications
- Strong initiative and leadership skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving business and entrepreneurial spirit
- Proficiency in computer use and multimedia applications.
- Excellent knowledge of the Customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes and ability to handle Inspection Agents, Banks.
- Shipping Companies and Terminals.
- Must be driven and ready to work round the clock to meet deadlines.
- Membership of the Institute of Freight Forwarders of Nigeria or any other relevant professional body is obligatory.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 4th April, 2019.