Fresh Jobs at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We seeks suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: Foreman – Electronics
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Prepare database of instruments and equipment at Nodumax and order for essential spares and help maintain the spares inventory;
- Follow same procedure for SIS/pa system, UPSs and other equipment;
- Prepare and follow PM schedule for related equipment;
- Order and hold special tools as may be requied for above jobs;
- Suggest improvements/ modification of existing equipment as may be necessary;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.ScHND in Electrical Electronics or related field with minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Skills in design and fault diagnosis of electronic instruments and equipment related to agricultural research.
- Good communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 26th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.