Job for Logistics Coordinator at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Project number: NGFX0000
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration and type of contract: 12 months
Reports to: Area Manager.
Supervision of: Procurement Officer, Logistics Officer, Warehouse Officer
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the Logistics Coordinator is to implement delegated area of responsibility. The following is a brief description of the role.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly:
- Procurement: ensuring compliance of all NRC policies, maintaining an updated vendor’s database, prequalification of suppliers, developing coordinated procurement plans with project managers
- Transport management of rented or NRC owned vehicles, punctual rental of trucks
- Focal point for UNHAS air flights
- Assets management
- Warehouse management
- Team management of Procurement officer, Warehouse Officer, Logs Officer
- Training of logistics staff in procurement, warehousing, fleet management, anticorruption and any other training that is deemed important for proper functioning of Logistics department in Maiduguri
- Review of all Logistics weekly and Monthly Reports as specified before submission to Area Manager and Logistics Manager.
- Preparation of Monthly Logistics Narrative report for area and submission to the Logistics Manager
- By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Logistics Manager
- Finance Manager (financial planning and compliance)
- PDMs (procurement)
- Controller (Compliance)
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Management and training of logistics team
- Provideanti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management)
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
Scale and Scope of Position
- Staff: Procurement Officer, Logistics Officer, Warehouse Officer
- Stakeholders: UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies)
- Information: Intranet, logistics handbook
- Legal or compliance: Vendors, suppliers, Contractors
- Administration / Organisation / Management Logistics
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree.
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria
- Experience with start-up
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
- Commencement: May 2019
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.