Job Vacancy for Machine Specialist, Energy & Fluids at SABmiller Plc
SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Machine Specialist, Energy & Fluids
Reference Number: SAB-507
Location: Ilesa, Osun
- Opportunity exists for a highly skilled Machine Specialist, Energy & Fluids.
- The Successful candidate will maintain, repair and optimise the E&F plant and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality at minimum cost without sacrificing standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide specialist support to the shift-based teams during operations.
- Assist as functional expert in problem solving.
- This must be undertaken in support of the Process Artisan Where requested, provide guidance and advice to the shift-based teams on mechanical equipment, mechanical faultfinding and correct responses to mechanical failure modes
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the planner
- Partake in maintenance post mortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learnings from maintenance activities
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem-solving techniques.
- On request, partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the Shift Artisans in carrying out repairs
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs that the Technician has carried out as per SAP requirements.
- Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem-solving approach to resolve
- Where required, call in additional resources to assist in problem solving or escalate to the Engineering Controller for direction
- Assist fellow team members to resolve problems on request Take part in FFA’s on request
- Improve SWI’s, SOP’s and maintenance tasks on an ongoing basis as issues arise to ensure that the loop is closed out to prevent issues arising.
Housekeeping and Safety:
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhere to appropriate AB InBev policies and procedures
- Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 4S principles during the execution of duties
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- HND /B.Sc in Electrical Electronics or Mechanical Engineering
- 3 – 5 years in a Utilities Brewery production environment
- Utilities Plant experience in Steam Plant, Ammonia Refrigeration, CO2 plant, Water Treatment & Compressed Air.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications i.e. (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Management skills.
- People handling ability.
- Mental alertness, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Conceptual skills.
Deadline: 15th March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please use the position advertised as subject of the mail.