Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cashier
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 1 months
- The cashier ensures that the cash box and cash books are perfectly maintained, as well as monitoring, inputting and archiving accounting documents.
- S/He is in charge of his/her cash box security.
- Establish a statement of needs for liquid assets in consultation with the Administrator
- Ensure that accounting documenting are translated if necessary
- Check cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to the line manager
- Archive accounting documents in accordance with Solidarités International procedures, after a final check of supporting documentation.
- Scanning accounting documents in accordance with Solidarités International procedures after confirmation form her/his manager
- Support the finance coordinator assistant in checking the accountancy from all bases
- Carry out withdrawals and payment of advances, in accordance with established procedures
- Keep the advance books and cash journal
- Record budget allocations and accounting codes of the expenses
- Before recording, check that the supporting documents complies with Solidarités International procedures
- Ensure cash box security and confidentiality of information.
- Professional experience: at least 1 year of experience in similar position in cash management, finance especially with INGOs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Management, Administration, HR, Social Science or any related fields
- IT skills : Microsoft software practice, sound Excel skills.
- Dynamic, organized, methodical, team player, with sound communication skills
- Languages: fluent in English and Hausa (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritisation of tasks, work under tight deadlines
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria (B1-1).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Application Deadline: 5pm; 3rd April, 2019.