Latest Job for SQL Database Administrator at Snapnet Nigeria Limited
Snapnet Nigeria Limited is an ICT Consulting firm with offices in Lagos and Abuja. The company develops and sells proprietary software and services for Financial services, Enterprise, and Public Sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SQL Database Administrator
- We are currently recruiting for a SQL Database Administrator for our office in Lagos.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for the performance of critical SQL Server databases, implementation, configuration and maintenance.
- He/she will ensure the availability and consistent performance of corporate applications (both internal and external applications).
- Proven experience as a SQL Database Administrator (Industry experience is preferred)
- 3+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- B.Sc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
N200,000 – N300,000 per month.
Deadline: 22nd March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org