Latest Job Vacancies at Palladium Group, 11th March, 2019
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engagement of Supply Chain Analyst
Project Overview and Role
- Propcom Mai-Karfi is a DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced employment opportunities and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in Northern Nigeria. Propcom Mai-karfi recently was awarded a 3 years extension (2018-2021) with particular focus on the North East (NE) States and 3 North West states- Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa states. The aim is to influence INGOs in the NE states to shift from humanitarian to development and to implement market recovery and systems development programmes across the targeted states.
- PM has been facilitating activities to improve poultry/livestock health, poultry production and marketing among rural poor farmers.
- Ongoing interventions is focused on:
- Expanding commercial access to affordable veterinary products and services through a network of community animal health workers (CAHW).
- Generate demand for veterinary services through expanded networks of community vaccinators (VBV) and vaccination campaigns.
- Facilitate capacity building trainings for poultry and livestock producers
- Strengthen and support local chicken aggregation for identified processor
- Strengthen market linkages for smallholders
- To engage the services of a Supply Chain Analyst to undertake a systematic review and value chain mapping of the livestock and animal health market in Nigeria with the aim of identifying intervention nodes and points of leverage in Propcom target States – Taraba, Gombe, Bauchi, Yobe, Adamawa, Borno, Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa.
- Review of literature on the livestock and animal health situation in Nigeria
- Work with Propcom State officers to identify the animal production and trade corridor (local and international)
- Map out the value chain for small ruminants, with the attendant costs and challenges with location-specific information
- Map out the veterinary supply chain system in Propcom target States and identify barriers to last mile delivery of quality and affordable products and services
- Identify ongoing interventions – public, private and donor-driven and estimated impact
Deploy emails, telephone and field activities. Specifically:
- Where necessary, utilise PM database for activity planning and engaging with relevant stakeholders.
- Use information on public domains during offsite activities and desk-work in PM office.
- Work with Propcom State officers to generate location-specific data
- Field visits for data collection (all road trips need to be pre-approved)
- Stakeholder meetings (Private sector and Public sector actors)
- Livestock and Animal Health Market Report, highlighting the general challenges to the growth of the sector, and specific barriers in PM’s target States and opportunities for intervention – indicating the intervention nodes and leverage points.
- The Report should also include livestock value chain and veterinary supply chain maps.
Activity Schedule, Venue(s), Timing and Duration of Assignment
- The maximum days for this assignment is 20 days, and assignment to be completed within a six-week period. S/he will report directly to the Market Manager responsible for the Livestock Market.
- The final report will be in PM specified format with annexes of attendance, pictures and supportive data.
- The activity(ies)
- Identified constraints and suggested solutions
- Action steps
Criteria & Score:
- Qualification and Expertise – 35
- Related experience – 40
- Fee rate – 10
- References – 15
- Total Score – 100
- Veterinary or animal health professional.
- Livestock and/or veterinary sales and marketing experience.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Willingness to travel to Propcom’s target states.
- Proficiency in the Hausa language will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates/consultants should send their Resume and Cover Letter, clearly stating their suitability for the assignment to: email@example.com
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Operations Associate
Project Overview and Role
Propcom Mai-Karfi is a six-year DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced employment opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in northern Nigeria. It now has a three-year extension 2018-2021 to work in a reduced number of states from mid 2018:
- BAY States (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe);
- GBT States (Gombe, Bauchi and Taraba) and
- Partnership states (Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa).
- The Operations Associate serves as part of the project’s operations team. This team is responsible under the leadership of the Director of Operations for the management and support in the delivery of projects.
- The specific purpose of the position is to support the management and implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and client rules and regulations
Scope of Work
- The Propcom Mai-karfi Operations Associate will be expected to provide support to the corporate operations team as well as the project teams in the execution of the day to day operational activities and provide such support around the period of key deliverables required by both DFID and Palladium.
- Propcom Mai-Karfi staff work as part of an integrated team and as such, the Operations Associate will be expected to contribute in other ways as directed by his/her line manager to the overall success of team/programme activities.
Minimum education and experience required:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Project management of administrative support experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s)
- Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Understanding of Project Management
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyses financial reports for wider audiences.
- Demonstrates sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Flexible and adaptable. Keen to be involved in several aspect of project operations.
- Serve as one liaison point between corporate services and the project
- Prepare Payment Approval Request forms
- Review project Field Vouchers on a weekly basis
- Where applicable support the operations team with training of project staff on company policies, SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations
- Support the monitoring and maintenance of compliance with head/prime contracts
- Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting (for example: Project Highlight Reports (PHRS), quarterly Internal Project Reviews (IPRs), project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables) and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose
- Assist with project financial / cash-flow planning, process funding requests from the field, and process monthly Funds Transfer Requests (FTRs)
- In collaboration with Finance establish project account codes, ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet client’s and project’s requirements for cost allocation, monitoring and evaluation, and
- Support HR Manager while recruiting, contracting and onboarding
- In collaboration with Programme HR Manager maintain project data on relevant HR systems for short-term and long-term staff and consultants.
- Support in the updating of the asset register and any disposal process of items.
- In collaboration with Security, ensure safety and security procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, are in place and adhered to
- Support Contracts and Compliance Manager with procurement, spots checks and due diligence when required.
Deadline:15th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online