Latest Job Vacancies at SABMiller Plc, 26th March, 2019 – Ilesa, Osun
SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Safety Specialist
Reference Number: SAB-514
Location: Ilesa Plant, Osun
Work Level: Junior Management
- Opportunity exists for a highly skilled Safety Specialist.
- The primary function of this position is to oversee and provide comprehensive and professional safety management service, in order to ensure that the Company operates in a lawful and ethical manner, abides to the health and Safety legislation, Road Safety legislation, Governance Codes (Combined Code) of practice pertaining to Safety Management (Including ABInBev Safety Policy and Standards) and Corporate Governance.
- The ultimate objective is the protection of stakeholder interests through the mitigation of all safety risks at the source of loss across the broad spectrum of the ABInBev operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure compliance with the national/local road traffic legislation as well as health and safety legislation
- To drive the DPO/VPO safety pillar roll out through the effective implementation a ramp up plan; documented procedures and processes that are compliant to the local legislations; Zone and Global Standards and Procedures
- Document Safety requirements into operational procedures and train all stakeholders, including contractors
- Develop Safety One Point Lessons where appropriate and train all stakeholders, including contractors
- Develop and implement processes for the monitoring of adherence to documented safety procedures and OPLs
- Accountable to providing sustainable safety support to the Logistics department for T1 and T2 Transportation operations
- Facilitation on Training on the requirements of DPO/VPO Safety Pillar requirements for the Logistics Management and Operational teams
- Providing support to management for the monitoring and measuring of safety performance using the appropriate DO/VPO Management Tools
- Facilitating the development of strategies for the continuous improvement of the overall safety performance
- The Logistics Department operations run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as well as beyond the perimeter of the site location, as such, the support provided by this role is of such a nature that it entails collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including law and order authorities; contractors; etc.
- Execution of thorough monthly Safety Pillar Self-Assessment against DPO/VPO Safety Pillar requirements
- Facilitation of the development of strategies to close gaps identified, and to monitor the closing of gaps
- Monitoring of effectiveness of strategies implemented to close gaps
- Lead; Advice and Facilitate the implementation of the process of Hazards Identification, Risk Assessment, Risk Mitigation/Control and Risk Review by Logistics Management. These processes must extend to operations/activities in trade
- Implement effective processes to ensure that all stakeholders ( Employees, Contractors, including Spot Hire Contractors, visitors ) are inducted and are fully conversant with the Hazards and Risk the AB-InBev operation exposes them to and the controls thereto
- Periodic Reporting on the Logistics Safety performance to the business (Local and Zone) and planned actions to achieve performance indicators
Ensure integrity and quality of information:
- To monitor and identify those Safety Management aspects as defined in Corporate Governance and Ethics and those serious exposures which need to be reported to the Audit Committee / Board in terms of sound corporate governance are elevated through management as applicable.
- To ensure that reported statistics are accurate and a true reflection of the operation taking into account the disclosure in the Corporate Annual report in triple bottom line results.
- Incident /accident ; near miss; hazards ; unsafe acts/condition reported in the AB-InBev incident management database , effective root cause analysis conducted, corrective actions allocated and monitored for close out
- Data lends itself for analysis and decision making
- Support Logistics operations by providing guidance during the risk assessment review sessions
- Maintain a close link with both T1 and T2 operations
- Facilitate, working closely with the Depot Manager, accident and incident investigations and ensure timeous close out;
- Collate and Load other corporate governance reports;
- Ad Hoc support & assistance Logistics ops
- Assist with IR processes as and when they arise.
- Collaboration with Corporate Risk Department in the implementation of processes and procedure in compatible aspects
- Support the risk department’s efforts to curbing down theft and any criminal activities that maybe suspected in your respective site.
Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
- B.Sc./ B.Tech/HND in a related field – Safety Management
- 3 – 5 years post qualification experience
- NEBOSH International Diploma / Safety Management Diploma/Degree
- Min 3 Years’ experience in Safety Management.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Computer Literate
- MS Office
- Strong and assertive
- Compliance driven
- Strong work ethic: Setting and achieving goals
- Dependable: Consistently following through
- Positive attitude: Creating a good environment.
- Self-motivated: Working effectively with little direction
- Team-oriented: Making the most out of collaboration.
Job Title: Engineering Stores Controller
Reference Number: SAB-515
Location: Ilesa, Osun
- Opportunity exists for Engineering Stores Controller. The Successful candidate will be responsible for effective stock and resource optimisation within the stores to provide an acceptable service level to the customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure integrity through management of staff and a stock control system.
- Manage adherence to stores business processes to ensure governance and optimum inventory.
- Work with all departments to critically assess and analyze stock holding to minimize operational risks while reducing stock asset value.
- Work with buyers and vendors to ensure that purchasing opportunities to reduce stock costs are realized.
- Do purchases of stock and non-stock items as well as payment of Vendors and Contracts.
- Develop and maintain a healthy vendor partnering program.
- Manage the tool store to optimize required tool and free issue consumable holdings and to ensure that tools remain in a good condition.
- Work with the finance department on stock management projects and to ensure that the required financial governance is in place.
- Do management reports as and when required.
- Manage the performance of the Stores Team to ensure good customer service.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and tidy working environment as per the OHS Act and WCM Requirements.
- Manage the Stores Assets (vehicles, tools, etc.)
- Lead, motivate and facilitate team activities.
Qualifications, Experience and skills Required:
- First Degree in Engineering
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office applications i.e. (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- 4 – 7 Years technical mechanical/electrical and entire brewery experience in a leadership capacity in a FMCG environment
- 4 – 7 years’ experience in running of a store with a computerized inventory system.
- Computer literate. Knowledge of buying practices and experience as a buyer.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems (eg. COSWIN)
- Strong leadership potential demonstrated
- Proven leadership skills
- Good communicator, with effective team-related skills
- Initiative and self-managing
- Attention to detail
- Bias for action
- Analytical problem solver
- Good understanding of maintenance practices
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application/CV to: email@example.comPlease use the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 1st April, 2019.