VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria’s informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
VFD Group was founded by highly skilled professionals with diverse experiences, qualifications and professional backgrounds, who identified the gap between individuals and small businesses and their banking experiences and set out to bridge the divide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Employment Type: Full Time
- The role will be responsible for business and product strategy for the Group.
- Product Management.
- Business Process Improvement.
- Market Research and Analysis.
- Strategic Business Planning and Process Improvement
- Assist and develop business through strategic initiatives
- Liaise with subsidiary MD’s to ensure timely delivery of performance related deliverables
- Troubleshoot and automate existing operational processes across all subsidiaries.
- Provide and support business improvement
- Drive improvements for business strategy/process and systems
- Evaluate business proposals and provide appropriate recommendations
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for management
- Coordinate key strategy sessions across the group.
- Create product structure for new and existing products
- Define operational processes for all developed products
- Identify associated product risk and appropriate mitigation strategy
- Coordinate all activities required to bring the product to the market
- Identify, setup and manage key business partnerships
- Define requirements for the product feature and the desired user experience.
Market Research and Analysis:
- Conduct business and market research strategy in line with the vision and mission of the group
- Provide valid and reliable market research reports for the group
- Research and identify new business opportunities
- Identify and provide insights on new market trends
- Monitor trends, competitor’s activities to identify and synthesis key opportunities and threats within the industry
- Stay abreast of industry development and recommend appropriate improvements for business strategy/process and systems
- Support and assist the Strategy and Business performance officer.
- Other assignment as assigned
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely reports
- Accuracy of reports and analysis
- Number of new initiatives
- Validity of reports on product performance
- B.Sc in Economics or Project Management.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Finance will be an added advantage
- 2-4 years experience in a similar role is an added advantage.
- Forward thinking skills
- Excellent communication and networking Skills
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Good presentation and negotiation skills
- Strategic and planning skills
- Project management skills
- Product development and management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to motivate change management.
- Service and goal oriented.
- Innovative and proactive personality.
- Good problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite and the internet.
- Team work
- Detail orientation
- Time and Organisation Management
Job Title: Chief Compliance Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
- The role will be responsible for overseeing and managing compliance for the Company and ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements as well as internal policies and procedures by all units/employees..
- Responsible for developing and implementing a compliance framework for the Company.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders; internal and external (regulatory bodies, shareholders) to ensure compliance
- Identify prompt dispensation/compliance when policies and procedures deviate from minimum standard
- Monitor regulatory changes
- Ensure dissemination of regulatory updates and guidance
- Facilitate and ensure compliance with new regulation by the Business
- Represent the Business on Industry/regulatory committees
- Ensure timely compliance with all regulatory requirements/reports and obligation
- Identify and analyse compliance risk, processes and control for all units/department
- Conduct period review of compliance
- Develop and conduct compliance awareness/trainings to guide the business
- Develop a code of conduct for the Group
- Ensure regular reporting to management on compliance issues
- Respond to compliance matters as the point of contact for the Business
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely preparation of compliance framework for the company
- 100% adherence to regulatory compliance
- Timely dissemination of new regulation
- Ensure implementation of compliance risk, processes and control for the Group
- Development of a code of conduct for the group
- Timely and accurate compliance reports
- Number of compliance awareness initiatives and trainings
- Ensure 100% compliance at all times
- Number of periodic compliance review and intervention
- Knowledge of regulations specific to the industry
- Strong knowledge of global compliance regulation
- Strong Risk Management Skills
- Ability to ensure compliance of all key activities
- Strategic planning and execution.
- Change management.
- Communication & Presentation
- Logical thinking/reasoning
- Assertive and observant
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & the Internet
- Detail orientation
- Time Management
- Team work
- First degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline, MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- 8 years relevant experience of which at least five (5) must have been at a strategic management level
- Chartered membership of relevant bodies
- Must be SEC registered
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant position applied for as heading.
Application Deadline 25th March, 2019.