Youngstars Foundation is one of Africa’s unique, life-changing youth organization operating in Abuja, Nigeria. From a weekly youth club in a local barber shop in 1995, Youngstars Foundation is growing to emerge as one of the lead youth non-profit that is building young people and strengthening youth organizations involved in development programs in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Social Media Intern
- Is responsible for assigned social media and communications roles including supporting and executing the organisation’s social media strategy, managing organisation’sprioritised social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn
- The intern will work directly with the Communication’s Head and closely with team leaders, project leads, partner organisations and our target communities.
- B.Sc/HND in Computer Science, Mass Communication or any other qualification relating to Social Media.
- At least 2 years’ experience with proof of achievement as Social Media Manager
- Must be between 21 and 35 years of age.
- Create, schedule, and analyze all the social media updates that are sent to our social media profiles.
- Create paid marketing campaigns on social to increase our reach and traffic through current and improved social media strategy.
- Embody our programme, campaign, event and projects in every tweet, update, and conversation on social media.
- Be data-informed about what’s working on social media and what’s not
- Experiment with new growth strategies and ideas
- Help us explore new social media networks, apps, and tools
- Work together with the content team to share insight and strategize
Job Title: Account Intern
- Under the direction of the Director of Accounts, the Account Assistant shall assume responsibility for accounting in the foundation and ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of programs/projects.
- Assist in accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Work with the Director of Accounts to lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, fiscal year budgets including financial status of sub-projects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Assist the Director of Accounts and other supervisory staff in monitoring sub-project budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
- Monitor periodic expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Function as support for processing cash advances, retirements, petty cash management and refunds made in favor of the foundation.
- Review the work of sub-grantees for accuracy and proper report content.
- Support in proposal development in collaboration with proposal team.
- Create, update, and maintain financial spreadsheets.
- Develop budgets, including staff time allocations.
- Work with team leads to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and life-of projects budgets.
- B.S/B.A/HND in Accounting, Banking, and Finance or its recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in accounting related position.
- Familiarity with non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Highly creative, innovative and can generate ideas.
- Passionate about development and young people.
- Self motivated and meets deadlines.
- Enjoys team spirit and collaboration.
- Tolerant and respectful of other tribes, religion and nationality.
- Open to learning.
- Zero tolerance for norm and routine.
Job Title: Web Master Intern
- B.Sc/HND in Computer Science or any other qualification in Computing
- At least 2 years’ experience with proof of achievement as Webmaster
- Must be between 21 and 35 years of age.
- Applicant will need to be competent in graphic design using Photoshop, Fireworks and Corel Draw with a constant desire to push boundaries.
- Applicant will also be required to demonstrate outstanding organizational abilities coupled with a confident approach to communicating at varied levels.
- Applicant will need to be an enthusiastic worker passionate about growing skills and driving new ideas and initiatives forward.
- WordPress, HTML, CSS, PHP, MYSQL, Photoshop, Fireworks, Corel Draw and at least one OO programming language.
- Applicant with knowledge of Illustration have added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, CV and recent passport photograph to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 29th March, 2019.