We’re Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We’re the largest operator in Norway, among the world’s largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant, Joint Venture Accounting
Job ID: 292087
Discipline: Finance & Control
- The Finance and Control team, located in Nigeria, has tasks within developing and controlling of all aspects of the finance and control activities in the Nigeria Business Unit
- Assist in the Ambition to Action processes including dynamic forecasting and reporting
- Manage monthly close-the-books process, cost control and reporting (internal and external)
- Monthly financial analysis
- Support to asset managers and persons with task responsibility in SAP
- Prepare budgets and reporting for operated licenses in line with the Joint Operating Agreements (JOAs)
- Review and maintain SAP masterdata, task and WBS structures, Service Work Orders (SWOs) etc.
- Facilitate and coordinate JV and statutory audits
- Ensure compliance with all accounting policies as set out in the Joint Operating Agreements (JOA), and all relevant accounting standards and internal Statoil guidelines
- Maintain the crude oil allocation model
- Regular reconciliation and sign off on relevant internal key controls
- Issue partner billing and cash call statements monthly
- Managing treasury operations
- Other ad-hoc project / tasks
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Relevant accounting qualification – ICAN or ACCA preferably
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in an E&P upstream business environment, including operated Joint Ventures
- Knowledge of oil & gas development and production in Nigeria – with related personal network
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Strong IT skills required – SAP
- Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) – deep proficiency in working with MS Excel will be a strong advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to proactively perform well in a multitask working environment
- Ability to perform individually and in a team environment
- Structured, collaborative, process and solution-oriented
- We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Deadline: 9th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English. Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
- Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
- Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
- All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.