GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Lead, Frontline Operations
Requisition ID: WD202862
Position: Full time
Functional area: IT
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities
- Manage 2nd Level Help Desk & Infrastructure Support for all GSK Shared Services across the Market
- Ensure any “walk-up” support requests are logged into the Remedy System and a ticket generated
- Meet required Remedy Ticket SLA’s
- Provide End-To-End lifecycle support of GSK SOE PC / Mobile Hardware
- Provide on-site Infrastructure “Physical Intervention” support for Core EIS teams & 3rd Party Suppliers
- As requested and agreed, participate in Projects/Pilots for shared service sites as a team member for the delivery of Tech Operations services
- Support delivery of Global GSK programs
- Be aligned with GSK values and expectations
Key Deliverables: Commodity Services
Market Leads :
- Manage team resources and prioritise workloads where applicable
- Manage vendor resources where applicable (may incl. contract mgmt.)
- Attend & participate in Service Review Meetings
- Manage and Control the cluster Tech Ops OPEX & CAPEX spend to meet budget targets. Escalate any budget issues/concerns
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with the Key Stakeholders that deliver effective & integrated service response.
- Represent Frontline Operations within the Cluster and communicate Frontline operations Strategies to Key Stakeholders
- In collaboration with Procurement manage 3rd Party Vendors and contract re-negotiations
- Drive continuous Service Improvements and ideas on cost savings
- Provide primary Frontline Operations Point of Contact in the event of a Crisis being delared ina cluster
- Provide resources for M&A support
- To provide the business areas proactive and reactive user support and basic user training for new user on boarding.
- Coordinate all Data Gathering requirements for Core EIS groups
- Assist Central Frontline Operations is developing Infrastructure Tech Refresh Plans
- Maintain region Project Portfolio Dashboard
- Report status of Projects at Regional PRB
- Escalate Project Delivery issues to Core Tech or Frontline Operation’s Service Owners
- Prioritise project delivery resources in alignment with BUIT & Core EIS requirements
- Ensure all projects are entered into PPM and follow all Stage Gate approvals approach
- Ensure clear communications to all Key Stakeholders during project delivery is maintained
2nd Level Desk Side Support:
- Manage & Maintain Remedy Ticket Queue to ensure accurate recording of support request s received and resolution activities taken
- Manage Remedy Ticket Queue to ensure ticket SLA’s are met
- Ensure all “walk-up” requests for support are entered into Remedy System to create a ticket
- Communicate to users the progress of a ticket from receipt to closure
- Build, Deploy & Support GSK Standard SOE PC Hardware
- Diagnose HW & SW problems, organize replacement of defective PC components
- Support Standard Collaboration Tools ( Outlook, OCS & LM)
- Remote Access assistance (Junos Pulse, Soft & Hard Tokens Testing)
- Requisition tapes, cables and general computer supplies as and when needed
- Respond to critical Out of Hours Support requests
- Provide Printer Support and where required in coordination with any 3rd Party Vendors
- Provide Executive Support for those countries where the service has been implemented & for people who qualify for the service
- Provide local VTC/Meetings support
- Manage IT Admin activities (Raising PO’s, SW&HW License Management & X-Charging)
PC Life Cycle Hardware Support:
- Manage the Purchase of PC’s, Coordinate the Build & Deployment of PC’s and asset disposal of PC equipment
- Manage Storage of spare PC equipment
- Manage the physical inventory of PC equipment
Communications Support (Incidents / Planned Changes):
- As directed by Central Groups or BSC’s , provide Outage Notifications to impacted users and provide regular updates as needed for incidents and planned outages
- As directed be a Primary Point of Contact and provide Communication to end users on impacting Central Initiatives
- Escalate in a timely manner to direct report any issues, concerns or incidents in regards to the supply of EIS Support Services that is impacting business productivity
- Provide IP Telephony Support.
- Manage & Liaise with Vendors as required in executing support services in alignment with support contracts
- Provide Mobile Phone Support (Purchase, Storage & Break/Fix)
Data Centre Management Support:
- Manage Computer Room Environments (UPS/Air Conditioning/Monitoring Controls)
- Manage Access Controls to Computer rooms to meet audit requirements
- Manage General Cleaning & Maintenance of Computer Rooms
- Co-ordinate the raising and monitoring of calls to 3rd Party Vendors for onsite repairs & maintenance of equipment/services
- Manage Physical Infrastructure equipment of racking & cabling (Network & Server) in Data Centre’s and Network Cabinets around building sites
- Provide Back-Up tape management support to the BSC Backup/Storage team & coordinate 3rd Party offsite tape storage
- Manage the asset disposal of Infrastructure equipment to 3rd Party
- Approval of Chameleon Change Requests
- Provide on-site Infrastructure “Physical Intervention” support for Core EIS teams & 3rd Party Suppliers in the event of any incidents or planned infrastructure outages
BCP / ITCP:
- Participate in the review of local ITCP’s to ensure alignment with BCP’s
- Coordinate and participate with other required IT Teams in agreed ITCP Testing schedules
- Ensure all EIS components of ITCP testing are successfully completed and any actions/issues for EIS are followed-up and resolved
IT Security & Risk Compliance:
- Participate in any audit preparations representing EIS as required
- Present & Explain requested documents to auditors as required, ensuring EIS central teams including EIS Q&C & BSC’s are informed of any internal/external audit enquiries
- Ensure Risk Management Systems for any local EIS related infrastructure/services are updated and maintained
- Attend any scheduled Infrastructure (Network/Server/Telephony) & Help Desk Service Review meetings
- Provide VoC feedback on supplied services to the meeting
Other Types of Support:
- As requested and agreed, participate in Projects/Pilots for shared service sites as a team member for the delivery of EIS services.
- Track all Procurement requests for the delivery of IT Hardware & Software.
- Raise and manage IT related PO’s and coordinate invoice payments through Finance systems
- PAMS Management
- Office re-furbishment upgrades & re-location moves
- Assist in meeting budget targets and working with local Finance in following-up with queries
Key Deliverables: Value Add Services
- Support Central Frontline Operations & Service Owners in capacity planning on Infrastructure Services
Other Types of Support:
- Provide remote off-site support for Sales Force / Senior Management at special events
- Legacy Operation – Provide 1st Level Help Desk Support to Sales Force
- Provide support for components of the iPAD Support model where needed due to lack of resources/skills
- Provide Support for Conference Management (Audio Visual Setup etc.) e.g. Regional Brand Summit, HCP Meetings, Andrew and Emma board meetings.
- Provide support for Power generator management / maintenance & fuelling.
- Meetings Rooms setup inclusive of data show management, audio conferencing.
- Live Meeting / WebEx Setup, invitation management for country level, regional level meetings. E.g. Budget cycle planning meeting, GM broadcast. (Live IT)
- Setup of emails / Applications, Chat client, on mobile phones (Personal / Official)
- Logistics of issuing PO of IT items, e.g. Toners, Computer Papers, IT Accessories.
2nd Level Desk Side Support:
- Provide After Hours/Weekend support for scheduled VTC meetings by Senior Management
- F2F User Training Sessions on Collaboration Tools
- Translating of Central Team Communications for local markets in local languages
- Provide Printing Shop Services
- Where needed provide support for Business Applications
1st Level Desk Side Support:
- First line support on site in cases where remote support by SD is not feasible
- Build strong relationships with local Tech Groups in the delivery of Frontline Operation’s services
- Build strong relationships with Core Operations & Central Service Groups
- Demonstrable ability to build and maintain relationships with users
- Ensure Customer Service levels are met (Services SLA, agreed VOC level)
- Knowledge of global GSK Business Operations, Core Tech and all BU Tech Functions including shared services
- Knowledge of GSK Infrastructure / Desktop Architecture and Standards
- Keeps stakeholders well informed of change in a timely and effective fashion.
- Work with on-site Frontline Operations staff and/or Core Tech & Central teams on service implementation and where required on-going support
- Interacts effectively across boundaries with other IT groups, demand and supply organizations, in country and above country like the Tech Centres , Network Operations, Core EIS teams etc.
- Identifying opportunities for Frontline Operations Process & Service improvements
- Proven ability to provide effective Infrastructure solutions and to understand technology functions/issues to interpret its application for addressing business goals.
- Capability to define and establish effective ways of working both within the team and with support partners.
- Understand that the needs of validation and risk management in executing support role.
- Negotiate with service providers; internal and external, (Third Parties) to ensure that services are designed to meet the competing demands of standardized solutions and local business requirements.
- Communicates proactively with stakeholders and colleagues, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- Demonstrable excellent technical skills and understanding of technical concepts
- Good knowledge of Telecommunication Systems, Computer Network Operations and other Application software
- At least 1-2 years of previous experience in direct support and management of systems, their related processes and staff:
- Small Market Lead or Site Lead 2-3 years
- Large Market / Multiple Bus 3-5 Years
- Proficiency in English and demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with employees of all levels, in the business as well in the technological area (advanced speaking skills)
- Demonstrated ability of oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrable good relationship management and influencing skills. Political and cultural sensitivity essential
- Helpdesk Support using Call Management software
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Appropriate Technical experience and/or Computing Engineer’s Degree required.
- LEAN/Six Sigma, ADP, Process Management
- ITIL Foundation certification.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online