The Governing Council of the Kwara State Univsity, Malete hereby announces that the position of the Vice-Chancellor of the University will be vacant in accordance with the provisions of the Kwara University Laws, 2008, the Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates with experience in University administration for consideration in the vacant position below:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
Location: Malete, Kwara
The Applicant Must
- Be a Professor of not less than 5 years in full-time employment (with duties and achievements in teaching, research and community service) as Full Professor at the University;
- Be a distinguished academic, top-notch researcher of national and international repute with proven track record of scholarship in terms of significant number of recognised peer-reviewed publications;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities as a twenty-first century University Administrator;
- Demonstrate record of administrative skills at the Department/ School/ College/University levels;
- Have a core discipline or area of specialisation in one of the Departments in the University;
- Be capable of driving technological innovation in teaching, learning, and research;
- Be able to attract and manage research grants from both local and international agencies;
- Be an astute and prudent manager of resources;
- Have exposure to global (international) best practices in education at the University level;
- Have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University in its pursuit of academics that is recognised globally;
- Be a person of strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership, as well as capable of inspiring the advancement of learning and reaching out to all persons without discrimination;
- Be of sound health and pleasant disposition, high integrity, strong moral character to inspire and maintain discipline among staff and students and must not have been convicted by any court of competent jurisdiction or indicted by any Administrative panel.
Condition of Service
- The appointment will be for one term of five (5) years only while salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in Nigerian Universities as may be determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
Deadline: 9th May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward (30) copies each of their Application, Credentials and Curriculum Vitae which should contain the following information:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Home Address
- Marital Status
- Name of Children with their ages
- Institutions Attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications with Dates
- Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Institutions and Names of Ph.D. students/Fellows supervised and dates graduated
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies and Professional Bodies
- Outstanding Publications, Discoveries or inventions
- Working Experience in the University System Giving Names of the Institutions and Dates
- Details of administrative Duties, Fund Attraction and Managerial Experience in the University system
- Specific Services to Local, National and International Communities (with dates, institutions/establishments and status)
- Present Employment, Status, and Salary
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Submit Names aud Addresses of three (3) referees.
- Attach thirty (30) copies of statement of their mission and vision for the University in the next five (5) years in not more than 1000 words.
- Request their referees to submit their report to the Registrar under confidential cover not later than the closing date of this advertisement.
All Applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes marked at the top left corner, “Application for the post of Vice-Chancellor” to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Kwara State University Malete,
Illorin, Kwara State.