Latest Vacancy for Data Scientist at Snapnet Nigeria Limited
Snapnet Nigeria Limited is an ICT Consulting firm with offices in Lagos and Abuja. The company develops and sells proprietary software and services for Financial services, Enterprise, and Public Sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve a company. He/she is expected to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist.
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- B.Sc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Undertaking data collection, preprocessing and analysis
- Building models to address business problems
- Presenting information using data visualization techniques
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
N200,000 – N300,000 per month
Deadline: 22nd March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org