Latest Vacancy for Facilities Coordinator at Oracle Nigeria
Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities Coordinator
Job ID: 18001DMN
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Oracle Facilities Department is responsible for the provision of facilities services covering all Oracle office within the Sub Sahara region. Areas of responsibility for the Facilities team currently include all building maintenance activities including fire & intruder alarm , cleaning, security, catering, building layouts, fit outs, internal office moves etc and EHS. We strive to ensure that all areas of Oracle facilities are maintained to a high standard, that regular and detailed inspections are completed to ensure problem areas are indentified and that issues are rectified before they become a problem
As a Facilities Co-ordinator/ Supervisor your responsibilities will include:
- Provide a weekly summary of any outstanding facilities issues and set completion dates for review /discussion at either weekly or fortnightly meetings covering all disciplines.
- Co-ordinate all maintenance contract activities on site and ensure all work is carried out to specification
- request method and safety statement for all contractors as appropriate
- Ensure all air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment are monitored and performance /temperatures recorded as necessary to ensure the system meets occupants requirements.
- Co-ordinate the activities of the cleaning contractor on site and ensure all cleaning activities are completed to the correct specification.
- Record any issues and communicate to supplier in writing, noting to vendor rating. Carry out monthly reviews with contractor.
- Monitor and ensure internal main circulation areas are checked daily along with reception meeting rooms, rest rooms and ensure all services are completed as required.
- Liase and direct facilities of on site contractors.
- Monitor electrical /lighting requirements across all sites and ensure all is in order.
- Set out yearly maintenance plan in advance to cover emergency lighting and power distribution boards.
- Report and record all electrical problems and action promptly as required.
- Produce quarterly costs report to track and control spend for above areas and review at team meetings, able to prepare the budgets for each country and consolidate.
- Consider all relevant problems that may need to be addressed in the near future and outline possible solutions.
- Ensure all vendor summaries /files and contract data are kept up to date for all relevant facilities vendors and safety files are maintained for each
- Be hands-on and be able to fix minor breakages and issue
- Have good report writing skills
- Be self managed and be able to report to a manager who is based out of the country
- Be able to assess quotations from suppliers and make informed decisions when appointing suppliers
- Understand and draw up budgets
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Provide building and office management services for economy of operation and maximum usage of facilities and equipment. Work with external vendors to develop and implement facilities plans. Review vendor contracts, onsite vendor performance, timely work order completion, and construction related activities. Participate in collaborative space planning efforts with internal resources and user groups. Prepare and monitor annual property budget and other related costs in facility planning. This position will interface with both senior management as well as individual contributors.
- As a member of our Real Estate and Facilities team, you will assist the building or office manager in all aspects of daily operations. This may include managing Oracle’s office space and equipment. Ensure adherence to company guidelines, processes and building and safety codes. Obtain, review and estimate design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, and preparation. Prepare annual budget. Conduct benchmarking.
- Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Applies professional, technical, and operational depth and experience to continuously improve service quality. Excellent communication and decision making skills. Familiarity with email and MS Office applications is essential. Willing to function as after- hours contact for facilities emergencies and be accessible via phone or pager. Degree, relevant certification or equivalent with 5 years prior facilities management or assistant property manager experience preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).