Latest Vacancy for Senior C4D/Polio LGA Facilitator at Deloitte Nigeria
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position beow:
Job Title: Senior C4D/Polio LGA Facilitator
Reference Number: DUN033
The role reports to: The C4D/Polio Specialist
The contract duration: 6 Months
- The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator who will take on responsibilities as a Communication Senior LGA Facilitator for the UNICEF C4D/Polio Programme in Abuja.
- The Facilitator will be located at the state level with frequent trips to the LGAs with high numbers of missing children in key wards. Particular emphasis will be on communication approaches to reach the populations in all high-risk areas.
- Work with cluster of LGA/Wards teams, to ensure deeper ward analysis, planning and implementation of strategic communications interventions and be responsible for basic monitoring.
- The specific communication interventions to be implemented in each area will be informed by local knowledge and unique characteristics of the wards/settlements.
- Support development of a LGA Social Mobilization Action Plans for SIAs and mop-ups targeting high risk wards in the high risk LGAs within the state.
- Facilitate in coordination with UNICEF field offices and state international facilitators, the effective use of UNICEF social Mobilisation funds (channelled through the Government departments) at the State, LGA and Wards levels for SIAs.
- Support training of State/LGA/Ward staff and Vaccination personnel in social mobilization activities, including interpersonal communications.
- Advocate with LGA/Ward policy makers, religious and traditional leadership for support for the implementation of polio campaign activities and routine immunization.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of media and communication activities and work with media groups and networks for coordinating UNICEF supported programmes during SIPDs.
- Work directly and collaborate with Traditional leaders at the district and ward levels for increased community participation and OPV acceptance to reduce missed children during campaigns.
- Design and implement group-specific strategies to reach hard to reach, nomadic and minority groups at the LGA, district and ward levels.
- Participate in the state/LGA social mobilization committees within their cluster of LGAs and provide direct action-advocacy support for addressing issues related to refusal, resistance and rejection at the ward level.
- Participates in State/LGA/Ward IPD management team activities geared toward successful implementation of SIAs.
- Collect data at the LGA, district and ward levels and analyse data for specific trends/patterns of non-compliance, poor coverage, drop outs, left-outs etc. and undertake coordinated action to facilitate the process of reaching such communities/households.
- Coordinate with stakeholders such as NGOs, CBOs, religious groups, women’s groups and youth groups for their involvement and participation in polio eradication activities.
- Work in close collaboration with other partner like WHO, ROTARY, Red Cross, NTLC, SPHCDA and other relevant government partners.
- Ensure strong supervision of the LGA facilitators and other polio communication team members in their cluster of LGAs within the accountability framework.
- Support all required activities in respective LGA to increase coverage for routine immunization.
- Support all C4D activities in respective LGA to promote child survival and protection.
- University Degree in the Social Sciences or related technical field preferably in communications.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station is an asset.
- At least three years progressively responsible professional work experience at national and particularly international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation in immunization programmes.
- Experience in social mobilization and communication and polio eradication campaign, IEC material development, training and negotiation skills and team building.
- Current knowledge of development issues, strategies as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills
- Managerial and supervisory skills.
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online