Nationwide Vacancies at Palladium International Development Nigeria Limited
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livestock Supply Chain Analyst
Propcom Mai-Karfi is a DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced employment opportunities and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in Northern Nigeria. Propcom Mai-karfi recently was awarded a 3 years extension (2018-2021) with particular focus on the North East (NE) States and 3 North West states- Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa states.
The aim is to influence INGOs in the NE states to shift from humanitarian to development and to implement market recovery and systems development programmes across the targeted states.
PM has been facilitating activities to improve poultry/livestock health, poultry production and marketing amongst rural poor farmers.
Ongoing interventions is focused on:
- Expanding commercial access to affordable veterinary products and services through a network of community animal health workers (CAHW).
- Generate demand for veterinary services through expanded networks of community vaccinators (VBV) and vaccination campaigns.
- Facilitate capacity building trainings for poultry and livestock producers
- Strengthen and support local chicken aggregation for identified processor
- Strengthen market linkages for smallholders
- To engage the services of a Supply Chain Analyst to undertake a systematic review and value chain mapping of the livestock and animal health market in Nigeria with the aim of identifying intervention nodes and points of leverage in Propcom target States – Taraba, Gombe, Bauchi, Yobe, Adamawa, Borno, Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa.
- Review of literature on the livestock and animal health situation in Nigeria
- Work with Propcom State officers to identify the animal production and trade corridor (local and international)
- Map out the value chain for small ruminants, with the attendant costs and challenges with location-specific information
- Map out the veterinary supply chain system in Propcom target States and identify barriers to last mile delivery of quality and affordable products and services
- Identify ongoing interventions – public, private and donor-driven- and estimated impact.
- Deploy emails, telephone and field activities.
- Where necessary, utilise PM database for activity planning and engaging with relevant stakeholders.
- Use information on public domains during offsite activities and desk-work in PM office.
- Work with Propcom State officers to generate location-specific data
- Field visits for data collection (all road trip needs to be pre-approved)
- Stakeholder meetings (Private sector and Public sector actors)
- Livestock and Animal Health Market Report, highlighting the general challenges to the growth of the sector, and specific barriers in PM’s target States and opportunities for intervention – indicating the intervention nodes and leverage points.
- The Report should also include livestock value chain and veterinary supply chain maps.
- Venue(s), timing and duration of assignment:
- The maximum days for this assignment is 20 days, and assignment to be completed within a six-week period. S/he will report directly to the Market Manager responsible for the Livestock Market.
- The final report will be in PM specified format with annexes of attendance, pictures and supportive data.
- The activity(ies)
- Identified constraints and suggested solutions
- Action steps
- Veterinary or animal health professional.
- Livestock and/or veterinary sales and marketing experience.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Willingness to travel to Propcom’s target states.
- Proficiency in the Hausa language will be an added advantage.
Deadline: 5pm, 22nd March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letters, clearly stating their suitability for the assignment to: email@example.com using “Livestock Supply Chain Analyst” as the subject of the e-mail.