Vacancy for Business Development Manager at Aloha Hotel & Resort
Aloha Hotel & Resort is the best-kept secret in lodging in African tourism. This new, charming hotel and resort in Osogbo, Nigeria is more than a place to lodge after a day of sightseeing and exploring the countryside. Our guests can relax on a lounge chaise by the pool, go for a swim, or go pedal boarding on the lake. There’s even lovely 18-hole course for golfing enthusiasts!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- A Manager of Business Development will lead efforts to increase sales, revenue, reservations, and group and event marketing through the development of new and the expansion of existing business.
What will I be Doing?
- As Manager of Business Development, you will lead efforts to increase sales, revenue, reservations, and group and event marketing through the development of new and the expansion of existing business.
- The Manager of Business Development will train, coach, and continuously develop the Business Development Team.
Specifically, a Manager of Business Development will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Evaluate accurately hotel market mix and revenue forecasts
- Review and analyse, in a proactive manner, rate and inventory management and strategy effectiveness
- Lead effective efforts to coordinate strategies for group sales and to optimise conversion
- Provide guidance for local marketing initiatives
- Communicate Revenue Management Standards and best practices
- Develops short, medium and long-term strategies for hotels through the Commercial Focus matrix and provide consultative support to other commercial support functions
- Make recommendations to take full advantage of revenue opportunities
- Train team members to understand key selling strategies and revenue management, including new tools, Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) tracking
- Coach and develop the hotel-based Business Development Team, through objectives setting, personal development and succession plans
- Prepare, analyse and write reports to outline business progress and opportunities
- Assist with the account diagnostics process and validate conclusions for negotiated business and on-line sales strategies
- Evaluate market demand by utilising available reports — both internal and external, including market share, market conditions, competitive pricing
- Generate periodic updates on transient booking patterns
- Maintain effective working relationships with all key suppliers
- Recruiting, manage, train and develop the Business Development team.
Deadline: 20th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Cover Page and their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org