Vacancy for Catering Supervisor at Sunrose Consulting Limited
Sunrose Consulting Limited is a Human Resource Consulting and Training firm committed to providing leading edge HR infrastructure support and exemplary customer service leading to improved performance of our client organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Catering Supervisor
- Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets.
- Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff.
- Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department.
- Maintain the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
Skill, Knowledge, Education And Experience
- Must have worked within the Food and Beverage sector continuously
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good Administrative Skills
- Basic IT and numerical Skills
- Excellent problem-solving Skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly Disciplined
- 3 years experience in a similar position
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the food and beverage provision for functions and events
- Plan menus in consultation with chefs
- Train permanent and casual staff
- Organise, lead and motivate the catering team
- Plan staff shifts and rotas
- Ensure health and safety regulations are strictly observed
- Monitor the quality of the product and service provided
- Maintain stock levels and order new supplies as required
- Interact with clients
- Liaise with suppliers and clients
- Assist in negotiations with clients, assess their requirements and ensure they’re satisfied with the service delivered (in contract catering)
- Ensure compliance with all fire, licensing and employment regulations
- Maximise sales and meet profit and financial expectations
- Directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with all supervisors to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of customers and clients.
- Assists in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates purchases are of quality and price are consistently met.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Ensures all staff are trained and professional development opportunities arise for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Supports safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Deadline: 30th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com