Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
- Assist the Company Secretary in company secretarial functions for Company and all its affiliates in Nigeria to include liason with other E&P branch entities and HQ.
- Handle Tax related matters and provide support for non-operated assets
- Participate in OPTS activities and provide timely opinion on legal and regulatory issues that affect the company and the oil and gas industry.
- Assist the Legal Manager in preparation of reports: SOX ARO reports, etc
- Draft and review company leases and acquisition agreements in accordance with the company management procedure on leases and acquisition.
- Provide legal opinions to other relevant Departments on a wide range of issues.
- Identify, analyse and interpret national and international statutory and regulatory texts and contractual documents at draft stage or in force. Handle routine legal dossiers and
- occasionally averagely complex legal dossiers without (or with limited) supervision and take part in negotiations with partners, contractors and government agencies.
- Undertake legal research work and provide legal advisory services to relevant departments on a wide range of issues including fiscal and finance matters, commercial issues, labour related matters, interpretation of laws, contractual obligations etc.
- Provide legal support to the Client Corporate by analysis of legal risks and impact of potential transactions, specifically the Corporate entities including oil and gas commercial through participating in negotiation meetings, review of agreements and proffering of legal opinions.
- Provide legal support and opinions as may be required to AOBO, New Energies, Commercial, Finance, Human Resources, Government Relations / Communications and HSE etc.
- Ensure legal security and optimisation of the dossiers and sectors entrusted to Legal Counsel.
- Involvement in litigation and arbitration matters within the Corporate District and representing the company in court and tribunals. Attend court and liaise with external counsel on corporate litigation matters involving the company and affiliates as may be assigned by the Legal Manager.
- Carry out all such functions as may be assigned by the Legal Manager, Corporate or the General Counsel.
- 1st Degree in Law (2.1 or 2.2).
- Call to the Nigerian Bar: Minimum of 10 years post call experience. Industry experience is essential.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Masters Degree in Law and knowledge in French would be advantageous.
- Legal Research, Legal Risk.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online