American AirSea Cargo, a reputable organization with three major brands (Shoptomydoor, ShiptoNaija and Simplified Corporate Logistics) whose core mission has been the provision of affordable, fast and stress-free shipping and shopping services from any UK and US online store.
We are recruiting an experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Truck Driver
- We are seeking to hire an experienced truck driver to serve our Clearing/Shipping department by conveying containers in a safe and timely manner.
The ideal candidate responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Convey the containers to and fro the various ports of for loading/off-loading to the warehouse within 24 hours
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance and report issues as sonn as they arise
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedule. A driver is to deliver two (2) containers on a weekly basis
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Loading and unloading of Shipments, equipment and other related items to ensure that items arrive at the right time in the right condition in accordance to Company’s standards
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Adhere to the various traffic laws
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
The prospective employee will be expected to operate in line with our workplace values which are centered around being a team player with zero tolerance for compromise, providing stress free and excellent service delivery to ensure maximum customer satisfaction. This job position requires a seasoned legal expertise who must meet the following requirements:
- He must have 5 –7 years’ experience in Trucking Goods preferably for a Shipping company in Nigeria
- Must be aged within 30 to 40 years
- Flexibility with work schedule for on-call availability 24/7, weekend and off hours as needed.
- The ability to negotiate with, and persuade other road users, road officials etc.
- Ability to drive between a 10 – 20 tonnes truck
- A mechanic background with ability to carry out minor repairs will be an added advantage.
- Must be conversant with Apapa and Tin can road network.
- Must reside within Oshodi and its environs.
- Our shortlisting methods will be solely based on applicants’ ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our organization’s core values throughout the application process. These values are embedded in all roles and as such applicants must evidence such during the assessment period to be considered for the job role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (This must be saved with your full names) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Truck Driver” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only applications which meet up with the set criteria will be shortlisted.
Application Deadline: 30th March, 2019.
Leave a Reply