Afrihood Development Company is poised to give every African a taste of luxury, excellence and modern living style. We are unapologetic about our stands that every human regardless of class and financial profile is a royalty and deserves a habitation that speaks dignity, quality and absolute comfort. This value is the root from which all our operation stems.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineering Manager
Reports To: Managing Director
- Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, facilities and estates.
- Plan and design building structures following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Direct responsibility for construction operations, and building maintenance of structures at project site.
- Participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Participate in the development of work programme for housing projects to enhance its viability analysis
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labour to determine project feasibility.
- Participate in the process of testing soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to industrial and managerial personnel.
- Conduct studies of traffic patterns or environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess the potential impact of projects.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including architects and subcontractors.
- Resolving design and development problems.
- Ensuring the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety.
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects.
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
Qualification/ Person Specification
- At least a B.Eng/HND in Civil Engineering or any related course
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the Real Estate/construction industry
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Highly creative with ability to think out-of-box
- Current on industry standards and best practices
- Ability to work under pressure.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent follow through, ability to pay attention to details and organisational skills.
- High level of professionalism and multitasking.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good leadership and team building skills.
- Strategic thinking, forecasting and planning skills.
Job Title: Architectural Manager
Reports To: Managing Director
- Ability to design, plan, and supervise the construction of buildings with responsibility for its safety, usefulness, and aesthetics.
- Ability to design structures that satisfy clients’ needs while conforming to the laws and regulations of Nigeria.
- Ability to create preliminary sketches of building structures including inside appearance, using computer-assisted design and drafting (CADD) software.
- Ability to prepare more detailed plans showing all building components including internal and external services using computer-assisted design and drafting (CADD) software.
- Ability to oversee and approve construction works as it progresses.
- Extensive knowledge of design and construction coupled with the creative ability.
- Plan the layout of projects.
- Ability to prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, colour, and equipment estimated costs and construction time.
- Consult with Client to determine functional and spatial requirements of structure.
- Direct activities of engineers and junior architects engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents.
- Knowledge and ability to work with International standards
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Skilled in 3D Design and Animation.
- Experience in supervision under FIDIC or comparable works contracts
- Supervising finishing works, such as POP, Lighting, Fittings, Walls, painting, tiling, partitioning. etc.
- Specific experience with Residential & Commercial Building projects.
- Experience with Master planning.
- Experience with sustainable design and proven technology solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of materials
- Minimum of 3 years experience. Masters Degree in Architectural discipline, knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD 3D, etc. The role requires frequent interaction with different levels of professionals and stakeholders on a high profile project, therefore the candidate must have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Member of the Architect Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON) will be an added advantage.
- Possess initiative to see all assignments and projects through to completion.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good listener with great attention to details.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Must be creative.
Job Title: Legal Manager
- Afrihood is in search of a vibrant, meticulous and self governed legal practitioner to serve as her Legal/Admin Manager
- Be conversant with Nigeria’s real estate industry and its laws.
- Be able to swiftly draft documents and agreements as required for every case or deal.
- Be able to identify good and bad real estate deals from research and advise company and company’s client on such deals.
- Represent the Company at all levels especially on legal, statutory and customer relations matters.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should write to: email@example.com with the Subject as “Job Title”. Discuss who you are, what you’ve been up to, and what you aspire to achieve working with Afrihood.
Application Deadline 6th May, 2019.
Note: Do not send your CV.