Current Vacancies at Sigma Consulting Group, 16th April, 2019
Sigma Consulting Group – Our client, an Eye care hospital firm located in Victoria Island, Lagos State is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ophthalmic Nurse
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Reporting to: Optician
- We are looking for a full time Ophthalmic Nurse whose job description will include among others performing an assortment of duties including prepping patients for visits, applying eye drops and performing vision tests. Specialize in maintaining patient comfort and safety.
- Performed specialized vision testing including testing for diabetic patients.
- Obtained medical surgical allergy and anesthesia histories of each patient.
- Performed pre-assessments on potential cataract patients and recorded results.
- Reviewed preoperative lab and electrocardiogram results for abnormal values.
- Provided specialized care for patients with severe visual impairments.
- Started intravenous infusions for tests and eye-related procedures
- Ensured patients had access to updated information to make informed decisions.
- Provided patients with home care instructions following procedures.
- Worked with clinical and management teams to develop care plans.
- Prepared patients with eye drops for intravitreal injections.
- Maintained an updated database of patient information.
- Addressed questions from patients and family members.
Requirements/Competencies – Specificity
- Degree in Nursing with 2-3 years experience
- Substantial knowledge of basic eye care and ophthalmic nursing procedures
- Extensive understanding of eye terminology anatomy and physiology
- Proficient in cataract testing D-15 color testing and corneal topography
- Especially adept at multilevel teamwork and multitasking
- Excellent ability to communicate with patients and doctors
- Astute observational skills.
Deadline: 30th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online