As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Controllers function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the position of:
Job Title: Wells Operations Supervisor (Drilling Supervisor)
- The successful candidate will provide day to day on-site supervision of drilling and completion operations (on a rotational basis) and will report to the Wells Operations Superintendent.
Other responsibilities include:
- Stewarding continuous compliance with Safety, Security, Health and Environment (SSH&E) policies and responsible for implementation of ExxonMobil’s Operations Intergrity Management System (OIMS) on the rig
- Making key decisions in an emergency situation to prevent injuries, well catastrophes as well as significant additional cost
- Serving as the primary contact with the rig and third party personnel at the rig site to ensure operations are performed in accordance with the drilling program in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Ensuring drilling procedures are followed as planned and conducted in an optimum manner
- Organizing and ordering the necessary services and equipment to conduct drilling and testing operations
- Ensuring that the rig and third party equipment is adequately and properly maintained
- Maintaining inventory of all equipment/materials/supplies to ensure smooth ongoing operations
- Ensuring compliance with all government and other statutory regulations; including education of all personnel on rigs on safety and related issues
- Maintaining accurate and adequate reports regarding operations, equipment and evaluation
- The ideal candidate must possess previous experience as a Driller / Tool-Pusher /Rig Manager with a drilling contractor or as a Drilling / Well site Supervisor with an Oil & gas Company or as a Completions / Down-hole Tools/Fishing Specialist or as a Drilling Quality Specialist.
In addition, the ideal candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper division (2:1) OR Second Class Lower division (2:2) plus Masters’ Degree (with minimum of “Merit) in any of the following disciplines – Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electrical /Electronics, Civil or Petroleum Engineering.
- Four (4) to fifteen (15) years of applicable cognate rig-base operational experience
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificate
- Possession of a current IADC/IWCF well control certificate will be an advantage
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with good interpersonal skill
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil and gas industry.
Deadline: 2nd May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To complete the application process:
- Log onto https://jobs.exxonmobil.com/
- Click the “Select Country” drop down to display the list of countries available and select Nigeria
- Click on the “Search button” to be taken to the job listing results page for Nigeria
- Click the “Search openings” button for results
- Click on the Job title (Wells Operations Supervisor) to view full details on the job you are applying for
- Click the “Apply now” drop down and select Apply now option, fill in your Email and then click “Start”
- Sign in or click on “Create an Account”
- To create an account:
- Fill out the information; required fields are designated with an asterisk * (Please note down your password since you will need it when you log on back for any update)
- Select your country of Resident from the drop down
- Click on the “Read and accept the data privacy statement” link
- Read the information in the pop-up box and click “Accept”
- Click “Next” to continue
- Candidate profile and application page will pop up:
- Fill out information required and also upload supporting files (e.g. Resume)
- Click “Save” to complete your application profile at a different time or “Submit” to submit your application
- A message displays confirming the successful submission of your job application. In addition, a confirmation message will be received at the email you used to apply
- Click “View Profile” if you would like to review the Application form you have just submitted under “Jobs Applied” section
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
- Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.