Virgin News is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporter
Gather and Write News:
- News Reporters collect information on assigned topics to report accurate and timely news.
- They talk to sources, follow-up on leads, and do research to be as well informed as possible.
- They fact-check their findings, then write them up in an article for printing or a script to be read on-air.
- In broadcasting, News Reporters are filmed or recorded presenting the news. They may be recorded in a studio or in the field, depending on the story.
- They usually read off of a script, but also must be knowledgeable about the topic that they are reporting on.
- A key component of a News Reporter’s job is to conduct interviews. These may be broadcast live, or pre-recorded and edited.
- The News Reporter must have done research in advance and be prepared to ask pointed and interesting question of the interview subject.
- News Reporters are tasked with generating new and interesting news stories to cover.
- They must always be looking for unique, relevant and urgent topics to bring to the public, and investigating interesting new angles of stories that have already been covered.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2019.