VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria’s informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
VFD Group was founded by highly skilled professionals with diverse experiences, qualifications and professional backgrounds, who identified the gap between individuals and small businesses and their banking experiences and set out to bridge the divide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
- Responsible for implementing Internal audit, Control, Risk Management, Corporate Governance system in the organisation and its entities.
- Ensure proper internal audit and control system
- Implement risk management system
- Investigate fraud within the organization
- Carry out Audit activities and prepare reports
- Coordinate the compilation and continuous review of a detailed transaction process flow for all key activities in the organisation and define control measures to ensure compliance.
- Supervise the execution of VFD’s control procedures on financial processes such as revenue collection, receivable and asset management, investments, international operations, etc.
- Prepare/ review internal audit reports covering audit activities, findings and overall assessment of control environment.
- Ensure all financial transactions are bona-fide, accurate and processed in line with established policies and procedures and coordinate the review of all payment vouchers to both internal and external parties.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the internal audit operations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the review of business/ operating processes and practices and information systems to ensure the adequacy of existing controls as well as mitigate errors, irregularities and fraud.
- Perform investigations into suspected fraudulent/sharp practices across the organisation and recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
- Investigate client complaints and provide reports on same.
- Prepare audit reports and advise units and committees on departure from policies, procedures, and other exceptions.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the CEO and relevant Board Committee.
- Good back up support on operation/ transaction review.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the CEO/ Board.
Key Performance Indicators
- Savings on income leakages
- Timely and discreet execution of investigations
- Number of timely conducted audits
- Reduced fraud cases
- Comprehensive, clear, and constructive audit and fraud reports
- Reduced number of mitigated risk
- Minimum exceptions found by external auditors
- First degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline (Accounting, Economics, Finance, etc), MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- 4 years relevant experience of which at least a year must have been spent in a similar role in the financial services industry
- Chartered membership of ICAN/ ACCA required
- Knowledge of audit techniques and methods required
- Knowledge of corporate governance practices
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Ability to read large volumes of documents effectively and extract necessary information
- In-depth understanding of the organization’s business issues
- Communication & Presentation
- Good report writing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & the Internet
- Team work
- Detail orientation
- Time Management
- Team work
Deadline: Monday, 8th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: email@example.com