Latest Recruitment for Legal Officer at Refuge Mortgage Bank
Refuge Mortgage Bank Limited was incorporated in 1992 as a private limited liability company and licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to carry on Mortgage Banking activities. The bank commenced operations in 1993. In 2005, it was acquired by a new core investor who injected fresh capital into the bank. The bank is well capitalized beyond the mandatory level of the CBN.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- The Legal Officer is responsible for checking and reviewing the completed legal documents such as loan agreement, security agreement etc, before and after the loan disbursement. Preparation of legal documents for court action by working with a lawyer is also included.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the bank’s branches for review the legal documents such as loan agreement, security agreement, and others before and after the loan disbursement.
- To conduct the training orientation regarding the legal documents.
- To assist, advise, and coordinate to branches/departments for properly using legal Agreement.
- Verify the legal documents before submitting to the competent courts.
- Undertake domestic and international legal research tasks.
- To check all legal documents including security agreement before loan disbursement to ensure that bank’s legal rights are protected by the execution agreements and security is legally respected.
- To translate and interpret contract and legal documents required by the bank management.
- To conform the proper contacts and legal documents for execution.
- To file all the executed contracts within the contracts filing system and ensure material contracts are audit ready for diligence activities.
- Communicate with governmental authorities and courts to address any issue on the bank’s operation.
- To perform any other related duties as required by Management
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s in Law
- At least 3 years experience in legal matters in a bank.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively both internally and externally.
- Honesty, reliability, and a commitment to strict confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and committed to self-improvement.
- Adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
Deadline: 19th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail.