Latest Vacancies at TalentSquare – Lagos, Bauchi and Plateau
At talentsqr (RC 1453480), we are helping to find, grow and keep the remarkable assemblage of talent who are potential leaders in various fields as well as emerging specializations. We are champions of great organization culture and values, partnering with key business owners or hiring managers to help them build their organizations. Whether consulting for clients on how to build their teams, recruiting the right people, managing talents or developing programs for them – we are exceptionally focused on putting people (talent) first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help our client’s understand how people are important to their business performance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer (Farm Operations)
Locations: Lagos, Bauchi and Jos-Plateau
Job Type: Full-time
- The Project Officer forms part of our client’s business operations team and will be responsible for the overall on-ground support and implementation of the business plans. The Project Officer will lead on the design and implementation phase of the Farming component, providing technical advisory, farming and model/mechanism that are appropriate to the beneficiaries (Farmers).
- He/she will establish partnerships with local sorghum farmers, farmer cooperatives and agricultural stakeholders, and working closely with relevant actors to ensure success to the market and adoption by farmers in the selected parts of the country.
- The ideal candidate will manage farmer mobilization of about 500 farmers during the months June – August. They would also take on the responsibility of finding farmers who want to join the network based on data collected, assess farmers, assess farmers output and document what support farmers needs.
- He/ She will work in close collaboration with the Founder who will lead and guide the project with regard to its business component.
- During the months of Aug – October they would assist with the purchase of goods and logistics; and, support collection and delivery with possibly over 100 collection points.
- A Bachelor’s degree or any degree in Agriculture or Agriculture Management or any related discipline.
- Experience in agro-business development and management of agriculture focused projects is a huge plus.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy in working with numbers;
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to deliver as part of a team
- Excellent planning and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, such as Word and Excel, is required and ability to use tools to compile reports.
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
- Must be a native Hausa speaker.
- The position will require regular travel within remote rural areas, so potential candidate must be willing to travel.
- Build alliance and coordinate partnership with local agri-focused organisations with significant extension network to help with farmer mobilisation and buy-in from ideation to implementation phase.
- Participate in the planning, preparation, and execution of data collection as instructed by the supervisor
- Works in coordination with the supervisor to collate data collected.
- Participates in training and supervising farmers on how to give the required data
- Recruiting new farmers to join the data pool.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required.
- Supports the overall success of the organization by performing all other duties as assigned.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online